• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  before i'm alone
    Desire

She almost ignores him.

From several paces away she watches him, the small golden boy curled near the carving of the dead once-king. He is lost, clearly, since no one is currently here to birth children besides herself, and he is certainly not hers. Despite being a mother—and a fairly good one at that, because she loved them all immensely—there isn’t much of a maternal instinct to stir at the sight of him. Pity, perhaps, because she is not exactly callused. Self-centered and haughty and utterly spoiled, yes, but she is not quite cruel. She would not do anything on purpose to harm him, and he is much too young to be without a mother.

She almost walks away, thinking of letting the desert decide if he lives or dies, but she is feeling charitable today and so with a sigh she steps closer to him.

“You lost?” she asks him, not unkind, but also not in that high-pitched coddling tone everyone seemed to use with children. By now the glow of her halo and the scattering of stars across her body illuminated the area in their direct vicinity with a dim, silvery light, and she stares down at him with slow-blinking, entirely black eyes, waiting.
    so we're slaves to any semblance of touch, lord we should quit, but we love it too much

@nazghul

Messages In This Thread
    before i'm alone - by nazghul - 08-20-2021, 09:38 AM
    RE: before i'm alone - by Desire - 09-01-2021, 12:22 AM
    RE: before i'm alone - by nazghul - 09-08-2021, 08:50 PM
    RE: before i'm alone - by Desire - 09-26-2021, 11:47 PM