• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tell me if somehow, some of it remains
    Beyza
    “I do not mind at all.” She tells him and means it, leading the way to a patch of shade that will undoubtedly be a touch cooler than any other on the island with a little assistance. As they cross the sand, he replies to her question about his homes. It is a familiar setup, though likely for different reasons than her own situation - especially if he refers to their mother as his mate. There is a twist in Beyza’s heart at the idea of such a connection - a long-dormant flush of jealousy prickling at the back of her mind.

It is a pleasant day, though, so she forces those thoughts into a vault to be dealt with when she is alone - as she does with so much.

Beneath the shade of the trees at the edge of the beach, Beyza stops and thinks cooling thoughts - adding just a hint of a crisp edge to the air around them. Though she’s become fond of the sun, it is refreshing to escape it for a bit - though not as much as the chance to someone other than a direct relative for the first time in a long time. She has a habit of falling supernaturally still when she is not moving and, especially with someone new, she thinks the addition of a breeze that can shift around the strands of her hair will help her retain the illusion that she is as alive as the rest of the world and not just a strange, ghostly mimic of life.

His question threatens to bring that jealousy back into the open again but she keeps it locked up and smiles, her white gaze drifting into the trees as though expecting to see the ones she names. “My three daughters, and an assortment of mermaids.” Plus one shrimp, though she had not seen Maurtia’s armoured friend in a while. When her gaze shifts back to Ledger she asks “Is it difficult, living away from them?” It’s a prying question to ask so soon so she does her best to soften the words, and even makes an effort to blink a few times - hoping to give herself a friendlier air to match the intentions behind the question. She does not mean to be rude but she is curious what it would be like for a father that is not death incarnate to be separated from his children.

@Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    tell me if somehow, some of it remains - by Beyza - 08-23-2021, 06:40 PM
    RE: tell me if somehow, some of it remains - by Beyza - 09-03-2021, 08:17 PM