• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tell me if somehow, some of it remains

I'm coming back again
    I want to live tonight

It would never occur to him that Beyza (who seems ethereal and light and could make sparkling dolphins jump in the wake of her hoof prints) would ever become entangled with a darker entity like the one who had sired her children. What drew her to such a being? It’s not something he could ever understand, just as he would never be able to wrap his head around the relationship between an angel and the devil who had trapped him twice and forced his gifts upon him. Perhaps such things were just not meant to be understood.

There is no hiding his shocked expression when she mentions Pangea, a land he’s never visited himself and has no reason or want to. He remembers to who that land originally belonged. “From what I’ve heard of the place… I don’t blame you.” He says with an uneasy laugh, looking at her with curiosity brimming around the gold flecks of his good eye. “Why Pangea in the first place? He can’t help but ask and then remembers that not everyone wants their story to be told. Perhaps this was an invasive question. Still, he bites back the apology brimming on his tongue and gives her room to dismiss it or not. Leaving that choice to her.

Instead, he allows his gentle smile to fall back into place as she brightens and asks for stories from the mainland. “I’ve only recently taken over Sylva so I’ll be honest, I’m not quite in the loop myself.” He grins but does his best to appease her anyway. “Apparently there is some trouble stirring in Hyaline although I’m not entirely sure what exactly is happening there. Tephra has become very quiet which makes me think change is coming. For better or worse who knows, usually the latter in my experience.” He says with a shake of his unruly snowy mane, glancing in the direction of the volcanic kingdom he had once called home many years ago. If a kingdom has become still and lifeless, it usually meant the vultures would be coming to pick its remains until only one remained. Not like the coronation that the South’s dusty canyons would soon be having for the leader they had chosen. “And Loess will be handed to new leadership, a promising young lady named Cheri.”

Ledger

@ Beyza

Messages In This Thread
    tell me if somehow, some of it remains - by Beyza - 08-23-2021, 06:40 PM
    RE: tell me if somehow, some of it remains - by Ledger - 09-24-2021, 03:08 PM