• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  show and tell
    Of course, the sight of the little unicorn bathing within the river caught his eye... and promptly kept it. A gentleman would have announced himself. A cad would have stepped out and joined her. But as for the scarred brute? He merely kept silent and still, watching like an ebon phantom from amidst the trees while the femme soaked to her heart's content. Patience was a virtue, after all. He could wait.

When finally the encroaching chill of the upcoming season drove the petite mare from the river's murky depths, those golden eyes followed her every move. The way the light played off of her drenched pelt. The sodden flowers tossed from her hair when she shook herself. He drank in the sight of her horn. The dappling along her arching neck. The way her velveteen lips quirked when she finally called out to him as though he was but a naughty colt peeping on her from the bushes.

Exhaling on a huff of air, the stallion lightly tossed his head before stepping out of the cover of the trees and directly into the unicorn's line of sight. "I'm many things," he called back in reply, his deep baritone rumbling forth from the expanse of his scarred, midnight chest. "But nice isn't necessarily one of them."

Ears flicking forward and nostrils flaring yet again, he scented at the breeze, picking out that telltale feminine perfume from amongst whispers of mud, damp grass, and decaying leaves from the copse at his back. She smelled like others, unlike the mare he had met the night before. Good. Perhaps he could use that.

"But while I have you here," he posed, powerful wings flexing lightly in time to the utterance. "Perhaps we might play a game? At least until you're dry." Those words were left to hang between them, to toy within that distance he seemed perfectly content to leave intact. He had no need to advance upon the mare.

Yet.

"A game of questions," the midnight pegasus further clarified after that pregnant pause, his tone decidedly nonchalant for all that his molten gaze remained firmly fixated upon the damp female standing by the riverbank. "You get to ask me a question and I have to answer truthfully. And vice versa. A question for a question. Well? What do you say?" A smile seemed to ghost across the edge of his lips when he further invited on a rumble of dark thunder: "I'll even let you go first."

cassiell

temperance is a virtue

Dark Pegasus by Tatiana Yamshanova used with permission.

@Bardot

Messages In This Thread
    show and tell - by Cassiell - 08-25-2021, 12:49 PM
    RE: show and tell - by Bardot - 08-25-2021, 02:24 PM
    RE: show and tell - by Cassiell - 08-25-2021, 08:39 PM
    RE: show and tell - by Bardot - 08-26-2021, 11:39 AM
    RE: show and tell - by Cassiell - 08-26-2021, 01:15 PM
    RE: show and tell - by Tunnel - 08-26-2021, 10:22 PM
    RE: show and tell - by Bardot - 08-29-2021, 10:36 PM