• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

remember me as a time of day; mast
    She never learned to fly, despite her wings having the strength for such a thing. This is why she stands at the crest of a hill with those feathers spread wide to catch the wind and savor it against her cheeks for just a moment. Her bright eyes remain closed as her forelock pushes back from her face until the breeze finally dies down, dropping those snow white locks once more. The powder blue splashes of her cheeks are the same color as her eyes as they flutter open to view the world once again. Jenova wears a smile that threatens to consume the entire width of her face before shifting her weight and giving a contented sigh.

The sun is still high in the sky while the world around her is beginning to fade into reds and oranges in preparation for autumn. While the days are still long and hot, she prefers to remain in the meadows to pass the time. Jenova has always found it refreshing to be among others, even gaining a little more energy simply by being near them. She tucks her wings in against her sides as she begins to descend the hill with careful steps, tip toeing through the tall grasses.

The murmur of voices nearby and the rustling of the leaves is a comfort to her as she weaves around groups os chatting friends. There are a few lovers whispering sweetly to one another that she tries not to notice. Still, her ears twitch in their direction as she studies them curiously. She has never felt an attachment to any one thing, let alone another of her kind. It must be nice to find someone so wonderful that you relinquish your freedom.

Her smile momentarily widens once more at the thought of it. Still, she has learned of her immortality and she finds herself hesitant toward such a thing. The horned girl knows a lover's life would end while hers would persevere. To become so close would be to watch them age, to weaken, and eventually pass. This is something she fears more than anything.

It's still a lovely idea, though.

JENOVA
    IF YOU WERE HUNTING SEASON, THEN I WAS THE BROKEN WINGS -
    THE PLACE WHERE I LEARNED THAT PERFECT AIM IS A MERCY.

I've heard there was a secret chord
    that David played and it pleased the Lord
    but you don't really care for music do you?

Despite him growing older, he is still prone to wandering. Often it is aimlessly, and such was the case today. It was a beautiful fall day after all, his kingdom was lulling quietly, and wandering seemed the thing to do. He had no real destination in mind which was normal for him. He simply went in the direction his feet decided to carry him. Today he will be carefree and light, a welcome change from the burden of carrying a crown on his head and a kingdom on his shoulders.

He is unaware of how far he had traveled. Miles maybe, or it could have just been feet. Its simply nice to be moving outside of his usual scenery and to take in new faces and new scenery alike. The sun shined bright on his back and for now the chill of fall was kept at bay. Soon though the snow would fall and the golds and oranges would be replaced with the icy blues and glittering whites of a new winters snow. But for now, there was fall, and there was exploring to be done. He was all for making new friends, but as of late his kingdom had needed a more serious and purposeful Mast. Surely they could live without him for the day, anyways.

The Meadow is the first place that comes to mind to meet new people, so he heads there, his feet moving easily down the path those he’s been there but a few times. The good weather was infectious; even the trees seemed to be smiling behind their autumn masks. He is lost in his surroundings, so lost that he almost bumps into the girl. The Gray King backpedals, embarrassed and apologetic. “Please, excuse me! I should start staring in ahead of me and quit looking at the trees. I’d have better luck walking.” he said with a chuckle, dipping his elegant head. “I’m Mast. Though you may call me Clumsy, if you wish.” he said, followed by a wink. He was in a good mood indeed.

M A S T

ooc- sorry for the delay!
    She turns her head as a stranger draws closer to her, surprised by his approach as he seems to wander without really being aware of himself. But then he seems to recollect himself before actually colliding with her and she can't help but let a chuckle fall from her lips as sweet as the ringing of a tiny bell. The world has been kind to her and so she has learned nothing but kindness in return. Jenova gives a light nod of her head as he apologizes for his lack of attention but it's evident by her soft gaze that she isn't even mildly insulted.

"Perhaps your luck is just fine, seeing as you didn't run into me," she says as her smile remains firmly perched across her snow white lips. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Clumsy Mast. My name is Jenova and you may give me any title you wish."

Her pastel colored eyes examine him briefly before drawing back to his. There is some thought behind her gaze but her expression does not betray even a sliver of the things curling through her mind. It doesn't seem sinister in the slightest, but it is a curious thing, to be sure.

"Where have you come from, Clumsy?"

It must be strange to hear a nickname based on a flaw spoken so kindly but there has always been a sort of cashmere eloquence to her that inspires memories of warmth.

JENOVA
    IF YOU WERE HUNTING SEASON, THEN I WAS THE BROKEN WINGS -
    THE PLACE WHERE I LEARNED THAT PERFECT AIM IS A MERCY.

I've heard there was a secret chord
    that David played and it pleased the Lord
    but you don't really care for music do you?

He misses her by inches, but thankfully she doesn’t seem too upset. To the contrary, she laughs pleasantly, and her voice is as soft as the spring and just as lovely. It is pleasing to his ears and he quickly finds himself laughing along. How odd, he thinks, to be standing here and making fun of himself with this mare, a total stranger. But it feels natural and so he goes with it. He’d always been clumsy, after all. “Jenova. Beautiful name. I’m sure nothing I could think of could better a name such as that. Beautiful name for a beautiful girl.” he says when the remnants of laughter have left his lips. Its true though; he isn’t one for falsehoods cloaked as flattery. He’d been so lost the first time that he hadn’t noticed the finer points, such as the horn or the soft downy wings. She reminded him of spring- soft and warm.

“Well, I come from the Gates. King, actually.” he says, his voice somewhat sheepish. He’d never really been comfortable giving his actual title. He had never used his position to look down on others, or to manipulate others- it was simply a part of him, and he enjoyed being a servant to his kingdom. “I suppose when I go home I’ll have to add Clumsy to the whole King thing.” he said with a chuckle. A breeze lifts his black mane from his gray neck and he sighs, content with the world as a whole. This was a welcome change to his normal, every day life. “And you? Where have you come from? I’ve not seen you before, though as obvious before, I often wander with my head in the clouds. I should stop doing that; there’s just as much beauty here and now as the sky has to offer.”

M A S T