• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  I'm just warming up
    mazikeen
    The North. Suspicions run through Mazikeen - Aela’s too smart not to realize sending Sickle anywhere other than Hyaline was painting a target on that land. But that is also why this could make sense. They shared a dislike for Nashua, giving Sickle over to him and unleashing her parents in that direction was delightfully devious.

Maybe they had all expected Gale to be the one to show up, maybe they expected his shadowy fury. And if that were true, if they were under the impression he was the parent they had to worry about, she would take delight in proving them all wrong. She may not be an immortal curse but she did not have the same weaknesses he did. She did not have the same limitations.

It’s only been very recently - since her conversation with Reave -  that Mazikeen’s realized they might not be leading as anonymous as a life as she thought. It simply had not occurred to her that she could leave an impression.

But she intends to leave one now with Aela.

Her gaze had drifted to the north, her thoughts already on the redwoods and what it would take for them to burn, but those burning eyes snap back to Aela and Mazikeen takes a small step forward, the light of her markings dancing on the flowers around them.

She lifts one of her large, taloned forelegs and it extends towards the other mare, bending and growing her bones to bridge the gap. Just enough to try to brush one of those talons gently against a golden cheek - Mazikeen’s unblinking stare not looking away from Aela’s gaze for a moment as she croons “If I find out you’re fucking with me, Aela, we’re going to find out what this little face of yours looks like inside out.”

Even if the other mare flinches or moves away from the touch, it will still be a victory. The message will still be the same.

Her blood-red wings flare a second later, and she only pauses long enough to add “I’ll give Nashua your best.” before taking off.

@Aela

Messages In This Thread
    I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 08-30-2021, 03:22 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 09-06-2021, 10:56 AM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-06-2021, 11:24 AM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-20-2021, 07:18 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 09-22-2021, 07:33 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-25-2021, 01:23 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 09-26-2021, 06:53 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Skandar - 09-28-2021, 07:46 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-29-2021, 08:34 AM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 10-07-2021, 09:49 AM