• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  I'm just warming up

The savage roar that Mazikeen unleashes is the only warning Aela needs.

Her golden skin - which always gleams and shines in the light - glows until the flames that flicker beneath her skin reveal themselves. She can feel the heat emanating from her as she tries to move away from the shapeshifter. Aela summons her fires so strong that blaze from her to the grasses and the Seneschal wastes no time in lighting a line of flames between them.

Mazikeen can fly, an ability that Aela doesn't have, and so she compensates by summoning the flames as high as she can. She won't make her landing easy. Where they burn after this, she can't control. But she has already been attacked by Gale's claws (though one of Maze's had struck her head and a trickle of blood flowed down her blazed face) and the recent memory of that attack keeps her on edge for this one.

Aela doesn't relent with her fear and caution; she keeps sending it in waves over the burning Pampas grasses as her blue eyes flicker angrily. She begins to pace quickly, attempting to keep her slender face away from the gouging talons and beak away from Mazikeen. Her hind end angles towards the griffin, ready to strike out if it came to that.

But her most recent encounter with her brother had taught Aela something. It's the silent fury that keeps feeding Mazikeen, and the shapeshifter would come to realize that the closer she came to the Empath, the farther away she would move from her anger.

They doused your soul in water,
    but the flames raged higher.
    And they called you devil's daughter,
    such a pretty liar.

@Mazikeen

Messages In This Thread
    I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 08-30-2021, 03:22 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 09-06-2021, 10:56 AM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-06-2021, 11:24 AM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-20-2021, 07:18 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 09-22-2021, 07:33 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-25-2021, 01:23 PM