• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  I'm just warming up
    mazikeen
    The scent of Aela’s blood from the trickle that leaks down her face almost tips her over the edge as Mazikeen lands just outside the flames and prepares to attack again.. It floods Mazikeen’s mind like the emotions coming from the annoying golden mare and it would take no effort at all to lose what little sense of herself she has left.

But she holds on for now. She wants to be aware when she skins the other mare, she wants to remember it. And then she will drag Aela around until someone gives Sickle back to her.

The fire that Aela conjures does not frighten her, but there is fear that scrambles in Mazikeen’s mind as she approaches again, keeping up with Aela’s pacing. It doesn’t belong to her, just like the caution, and confusion flashes across her expression and causes her steps to falter. She hasn’t felt afraid in over a year and she shakes her great, feathered head to try to scatter it. The burning markings on her coat fade and then return even brighter as she fixes a dark stare on Aela. “Keep your fucking emotions to yourself.” The assault inside her own mind loosens her tongue, brings her back from the brink enough to be able to speak through ragged breaths.

She’s becoming very aware of what it is like to have someone else in her mind. This is not shadows, not golden light, not her own flames - Aela’s projected emotions are a shimmering mist that could douse her fire if she let it.

But she is not here to be calmed. Her stubbornness has remained through her incarnations and it carries her along now through her exhaustion and changing emotions. She hadn’t thought Aela was stupid but maybe she was wrong. Mazikeen had left here, leaving behind a clear and specific promise, and she intended to fulfill it.

Or maybe she was just being underestimated again. Did they really think Gale was the only threat to worry about in Hyaline?

Mazikeen is readying to leap through the flames when another griffin joins them, placing himself between her and Aela. A tumbled combination of delight (at the promise of a decent fight) and frustration comes out as another roar and Mazikeen’s shape changes into that of a dragon before she launches herself at this interloper with a flash of claws and teeth, as though trying to scratch her way through him to get to the mare. “Where is SICKLE?” She bellows at him, at Aela, on a breath that carries a burst of her own flames.

@Aela

Messages In This Thread
    I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 08-30-2021, 03:22 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 09-06-2021, 10:56 AM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-06-2021, 11:24 AM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-20-2021, 07:18 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 09-22-2021, 07:33 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-25-2021, 01:23 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 09-26-2021, 06:53 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Skandar - 09-28-2021, 07:46 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-29-2021, 08:34 AM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 10-07-2021, 09:49 AM