• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it was cold when we were apart

I'm coming back again
    I want to live tonight

She is home.

No wonder he had felt like a man drowning at sea without her. No wonder he had held that ache in his beating heart all those months apart. Now that she is here curled up against him, all those doubts and anxiety fade away. There is a hurt in her regarding Loess that he can never fully understand. He has never loved anywhere as much as Oceane had loved her kingdom but he will try… Try his best… To see her through this. Just as she had done for him when she had found him living the life of a hermit in the meadow.

When she giggles, his smile comes naturally and he is relieved to see tears no longer falling. Gently, he brushes his muzzle against her cheeks to wipe away the lingering dampness. When he mentions returning to Loess, he can see the struggle there. Its one he holds as well and part of him is hoping that she will say yes. Perhaps Sylva wasn’t as bad as he had made it out to be. The Hippogriff of these woods (his hippogriff reminds those threads around his heart) wasn’t nearly the monster he had expected to find here. Still, he cannot help but shake those natural suspicions that something was off about the beautiful autumn forest.

He still didn’t quite trust this place.

She loosens a breath and he can see the way she resolves herself as she remains committed to her plans. He understands why, why she doesn’t want to go back just yet. For a moment he thinks of suggesting somewhere else to live. Somewhere else like Ischia with Beyza and her daughters and her magical dolphins. But as she turns from him and faces the forest, he knows he cannot ask her to leave the South. She would never agree… Even for a tropical paradise. So, instead, he takes a few steps out from the cave towards the golden canopy that awaits them. “Favorite places? Those we will find together.” He says with a grin, looking over his shoulder at her with his good eye. “I think the children have adapted just fine, as they do, but these woods are still very quiet.” Too quiet, he thinks as he looks back out, a frown now flickering over his mouth. “Besides my hippogriff, there seems to be only us and her.”

He pauses as he turns back to her. She is just as beautiful here as she had been in the desert cliffs of Loess. The auburn setting only makes her twilight figure all the more striking. He moves towards her, unable to help himself as his lips find the curve of her neck. “I can show you. Or we could stay here a little longer…” He murmurs suggestively against the softness of her skin.

Ledger

@Oceane

Messages In This Thread
    it was cold when we were apart - by Oceane - 08-30-2021, 07:34 PM
    RE: it was cold when we were apart - by Ledger - 08-30-2021, 09:22 PM
    RE: it was cold when we were apart - by Oceane - 10-12-2021, 12:11 PM
    RE: it was cold when we were apart - by Ledger - 10-14-2021, 11:54 AM
    RE: it was cold when we were apart - by Oceane - 10-20-2021, 10:26 AM