• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  tear down hollows, take back eternity; Nashua

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

In such close proximity, it is so much easier to see the distraction that drags at his brother. The heaviness and worry that mires his heart and pulls his mind in all directions but the one it should be facing. Reave is not heartless though. He knows how important family is to his elder sibling. He can even understand that worry.

It’s why he had told his mate the truth when she had come to him, seeking information on their son. The boy is in no true danger in the mountains of the east. At least, not physical danger. But while that had comforted the boy’s mother, he’s quite certain it would not comfort Nashua. The only question that remains is whether his brother needs more or less of a distraction.

The green-eyed pegasus is not surprised to see him here however. The grin toying with the corners of Reave’s lips widens as Nashua acknowledges his greeting. The icy isle is not accustomed to seeing so many visitors, and the Guardian cannot help but find it amusing. Nash too seems to recognize the humor in it. It is something at least. A sign that his brother is not yet too distracted to know when he has more pressing matters to deal with than their absent sibling and his stolen son.

He tips his head, amused by Nashua’s acknowledgement of his insightful gifts. Of course, it still hadn’t occurred to the pegasus to ask his own brother for help in locating their mutual relations. Perhaps a reminder would be in order. After all, Reave had inherited the same gifts he sought to use in his more reclusive sister.

“Yes,” Reave agrees, seeing no point in dancing around the truth. Because it certainly is true that he already knew the outcome of Cheri’s visit. After all, it’s the reason for his own visit. The future of the North could not afford to be decided by one who has been too distracted to consider it properly. “If I didn’t know better, I would have said it was more of a social visit than anything else,” he replies, a faint gleam in the vibrant blue of his eyes. Then he chuckles. “But I do know better.” He pauses. “Tell me Nashua, where do you see the future of the North heading?”

reave

@Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    RE: tear down hollows, take back eternity; Nashua - by Reave - 09-07-2021, 09:39 AM