• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  tear down hollows, take back eternity; Nashua

Nashua's family is as convoluted as it is confusing.

The tree is twisted, and some branches are definitely heavier than others. He tries to keep his focus on the one that immediately pertains to him: on Noel and their children. But there are other limbs that he tries to keep as protected as his own. His two half-siblings sired by the former Dragon King are under his protection, always curious Oren and quiet Roselin, who reminds him too much of their mother with her kindness.

There is Aela - who Nashua thinks a branch better broken - but he can hear Lilliana in his mind where it concerns their golden sister. It is not her fault, she had once told him, when Nashua had first started getting word of her dark path. The palomino was just one more sin that the former Guardian refused to acquit herself of.

And there was Reave, the son of a woman who had always inspired Nashua. His Aunt, Brazen. And her child is as bold as the woman who named the young stallion beside him.

He listens as Reave tells him that there is no future like the one that Nashua dreams of. There will be no empire, and for a moment, he's tempted to ask what he sees of Cheri's dream. It seems too big - and too broad - to simply end here. He hadn't expected that the Northerners would immediately take to it. There had been too much change the last few years, too much upheaval and he knew that they would need some semblance of steadiness.

The Freyr sees it, standing beside him.

But Reave has to trust him.

His green eyes remain on the young Nerinian, allowing him to speak.

"You and I will go to Loess," he tells the Guardian. Cheri had invited them both to attend, and though he hates to take anything away from his niece, the pegasus can't think of another time that they will all be together. "We will announce that you are my choice as heir and that when the time comes, we will move the kingdom back to Nerine," Nashua goes on to explain, "but we will try to find a way to work with Cheri." There might not be a way to join their kingdoms together - (not yet anyway) - but his mind turns as he contemplates a way to strengthen both North and South. Perhaps they both would both take an additional territory, and strengthen both kingdoms while finding a way to contain Gale's power.

Containing the Evil that was his former brother was something that could be good for all of Beqanna, not simply a single kingdom or territory.

"When your time comes, Reave," Nashua adds on as he glances to his younger brother, "I do trust that you will do what is necessary. But for now, I am King and you will have to trust me to do the same."

@Reave

[Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: tear down hollows, take back eternity; Nashua - by Nashua - 09-12-2021, 08:18 PM