• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  tear down hollows, take back eternity; Nashua

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

He might laugh if this weren’t such a dangerous discussion. He had spent time wondering why his brother hadn’t sought him out before. Why the older stallion hadn’t asked him for help when he knows he has the power to do so. But now, as the threads weave between them, memory and emotion, the future and the past all twining together, he understands.

Nashua had seen him as little more than a piece on his chessboard in his overarching dream for peace and unity. He hadn’t bothered to consider that Reave might have his own dreams and ambitions. Somehow, in this world of his where family is the most important thing, Cheri had ranked higher on that list of importance than Reave himself.

He’s certain it hadn’t been a conscious thing, but he can read it so easily in the twists of his memories. To Nash, Cheri is an intelligent young woman capable of leadership and Reave is still a boy who needs guidance. It’s a pity he hadn’t stopped long enough to learn that Reave hasn’t been that boy for a very, very long time.

Perhaps he should feel angry, but instead a strange sort of calm settles over him as a sharp clarity drives him forward.

The Freyr might imagine Aela had hooked her scheming claws into Reave to draw him in, but his imagination is lacking. Reave hadn’t needed her claws. Not when he has a set of his own.

He nearly does laugh when Nashua pries with a low, biting voice. He refrains only because he knows the pegasus would interpret it badly, but he can’t quite suppress the glitter in his gaze. Shoving the suspicious demand aside, Reave instead turns the accusation right back onto Nashua. “Why did you never ask me?” He lifts his head, his own voice low, almost casual. But there is nothing casual about the question. “You know what I can do. Your mate even came to find me when your son was stolen.” He pauses, gaze sharpening. “And yet, you never did. Why is that, I wonder?”

He is quite curious what excuse his brother might give. If Nash wanted to accuse him of deliberately withholding information, Reave has few qualms about returning the favor.

reave

@Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    RE: tear down hollows, take back eternity; Nashua - by Reave - 09-20-2021, 11:29 AM