• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  I can feel your heart hanging in the air
    I am Heaven sent, don't you dare forget

He is soothed instantly by her reassuring gaze and he brightens visibly beneath it. There was nothing he loved more than to see the pleased look in her eyes when he did something right and so he always strived to at least be the best kind of terrible when it came to her. Whatever form or figure that may be. She asks about his friends and he smiles at her, relieved. Aela had never been anything but supportive when it came to his strange talents and oddities. When he had told her of the mottled colt in the midnight playground who had burned beneath his flames with no pain (how he had not apologized), she had seemed delighted by the story.

Still, he is constantly torn between the natural pleasure his powers give him to the rather righteous moral code that seemed ingrained into the fiber of his being. This constant awareness of a devil and an angel on each shoulder, each pushing him a little further into confusion. Part of him feels badly for keeping a secret from the Prince who he felt slightly fond for.  His dark presence was reassuring to the young colt, a red-eyed shadow that watched over him from a steady distance. There is a relief though in sharing with Aela the weight of his secrets. “She’s young, like me. She wants to see the world.” He says quietly, throwing his brilliant moon eyes towards the filly behind him that looked curiously back at mother and son.

“She misses her mom and brother.” And here he throws a guilty look at Aela again. “And she misses the Prince.” He gazes back at his new soul friend with a furrowed brow and a slight frown. “I wish I could help them.” He states quietly, a wish he had longed for since he had first started seeing souls of the haunted. What was the point in being able to see them or talk to them when nobody else could? He wasn’t sure but yearned to discover the "why", to see if he ever could get to the knowledge of a souls purpose. As if catching his thoughts, the ghostly filly drifts towards him carrying one of the few frozen blooms that remained between transparent teeth. It floats towards him and soon finds itself tangled in his lengthening forelock. A token of faith and hope.

fyr

@Aela

Messages In This Thread
    I can feel your heart hanging in the air - by Fyr - 08-31-2021, 04:02 PM
    RE: I can feel your heart hanging in the air - by Fyr - 09-06-2021, 10:34 PM