• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  I can feel your heart hanging in the air
    I am Heaven sent, don't you dare forget

He has grown fond of the way Aela smooths the unruly strands of his wildfire mane, has found a peace in affection that seems to tame some of that defiant darkness in him. He can feel the way his mother thinks sometimes through the movements she presses against his neck. He can tell when she worries but he is quiet in case that worries her more. Aela is always an avid listener and she allows him the telling of the girls story as well as his own frustrations at his limitations. She makes space for his ghostly friend and he smiles at his mother, always relieved when she looked at him with pride for the things he could do unlike the dam who had birthed him.

She asks him how he would want to help and he merely shrugs his small shoulder. “I don’t know. I don’t mind them but sometimes…” He hesitates as he looks back up at her. “Some of them scare me, Mom.” He admits quietly, thinking of the ones he tries to avoid. Stares-too-much. The bloody mare. A few others didn’t even have a name and the worst of all of them was simply a thing he called Terror for that was exactly what it was.

“But she’s nice.” He says quietly, gesturing with his muzzle to where grass moved by itself and a few pebbles skitter across the earth. Mr. Silence had also been surprisingly helpful, having a fascination with fire himself. The soul would take a branch and fling it while the foal aimed and set it aflame. A fun trick. And perhaps useful some day. “And maybe the Prince wouldn’t be so sad if he could see her.” He says uncertainly, unable to fully deny his intuition.  “Oh.” He suddenly exclaims. “I met a stallion that looked a lot like me." He looks up at her with excitement in his moonlit eyes. "He said he would help me with my powers."

Of the starlit girl in the meadow he keeps as a selfish secret to himself. Not wanting to share her with anyone else just yet.

fyr

@Aela
    Angel

Messages In This Thread
    I can feel your heart hanging in the air - by Fyr - 08-31-2021, 04:02 PM
    RE: I can feel your heart hanging in the air - by Fyr - 09-09-2021, 10:31 PM