• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  I can feel your heart hanging in the air

"Can I tell you a secret?" his mother asks him.

Aela still lingers over him, and though she keeps watch over the empty spaces surrounding them, her chest brushes against the side of the buckskin colt. The stance she takes over him is protective, and though she knows that one day he will have to learn to fight his own battles, that day hasn't come yet.

She would turn the Pampas to nothing but ash, if one were to harm him while Fyr was still so young.

The palomino arches her neck, and then moves it to smooth out his golden coat. She can sense his tension where it concerns Obscene and she gently pushes out a small feeling of comfort, just in case. It would seem her boy wouldn't have them at odds, and she smiles softly at the thought. Skandar would have no qualms about murdering the Pampas Prince, but the tenderness that Fyr feels for the onyx-and-gold stallion placates Aela enough that she'll continue to let him live while her son feels this way.

"It's why I practice against the best I can find," she reveals to the young colt. "Because what can the weak do for us?" The Untraited - or those with smaller Magicks - have never done anything for Aela (besides providing small amusement). In a world that measures by the power they wield, they have no use in her Pampas.

"So keep practicing against the best you can find, and it will always show you where you stand."

Eventually, she thinks gently into his mind, you will be better than them.

Who this Firion is still doesn't settle with her. Why does a strange stallion take interest in a young colt? Unless...

"Or he could be your father," Aela says, still standing protectively over Fyr.

They doused your soul in water,
    but the flames raged higher.
    And they called you devil's daughter,
    such a pretty liar.

@Fyr

Messages In This Thread
    I can feel your heart hanging in the air - by Fyr - 08-31-2021, 04:02 PM
    RE: I can feel your heart hanging in the air - by Aela - 09-26-2021, 06:13 PM