• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't come find me; any
    There is only familiarity in those bright blue eyes of his—unaware of his deceptive nature. She will come to regret this day perhaps, knowing damn well she should have followed the more logical decision to return to her birthplace. Truthfully, she was not sure what she would have found there. It had been quite empty when she left to explore the world.

She is naïve for now—until the day Gale decides to remove the mask he masquerades in now around her. The stallion brings a sense of comfort to her, a feeling of relief she has longed for since she has questioned her true existence. Divest isn’t quite certain she will discover it right away, but when you can live forever why worry about time?

Divest had made the right decision she decided after hearing what Gale has said about the condition of Islandres. Tephra being empty was surprising. She wonders for a moment what the other lands of Beqanna are like—what sort of tragedies did her homeland suffer from in her absence. Yet, she is glad to hear that Gale has come here to offer his help.

“You were always meant for bigger things, weren’t you?” The pastel mare says with a warm smile thinking about Gale living in Islandres since she first met him. His determination to find out who he truly was gave her that insight. “Tephra will surely see better days with you here.”

She considers his question for a moment. The island was not far from the volcanic territory, but she did not feel drawn to the black sanded island. “No, not really,” she replies thoughtfully, “I don’t think I would find anything there worthwhile.” Her mother had disappeared, she had never met her father, and she assumes those she knew on the island have long moved on. “Maybe a visit would not hurt,” she mentions because there was something sentimental about returning back to the island eventually, “But I think for now I will find somewhere else to stay.”

The pastel mare can feel his gaze wander, searching across her delicate figure. Divest was well aware of how beautiful she was, her mother had told her one day she would understand how her beauty would be a weapon. She would enchant others with ease, using it to get whatever she might wish for. Divest, however, doesn’t reveal her strengths (she hides her true capabilities by appearing simple and moving with profound confidence). She would never allow herself to appear weak.

When his gaze meets hers once more, she smiles bashfully at him. Divest would not openly admit her attraction to him is still there from all these years apart—Gale perhaps and always would be her childhood crush. Instead, she breaks away from such silly thoughts and ideas, reminding herself she was no longer that island filly. “Do you think I could stay here for now?” She inquires because right now she’s not even certain where she would go.

@Gale
    [Image: Wi3xi5K.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    (pixel via bronzehalo)

Messages In This Thread
    don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-02-2021, 11:14 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Gale - 09-06-2021, 08:07 AM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-06-2021, 03:38 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Gale - 09-07-2021, 09:27 AM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-08-2021, 10:13 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Gale - 09-09-2021, 09:28 AM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-09-2021, 11:02 PM