• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't come find me; any

i hear the wicked get no rest, but when you do
    ---------- i hope you dream of me

“I left Islay and Fenwe in charge,” he tells her, “But could find neither on my last visit.” Gale shrugs casually, since disappearances in a paradise renowned for solitude were not a concern. Had he been able to find them, of course, their fates would have been far darker.

“I could use you here to help me.” He tells her with a smile when she suggests Tephra will flourish under him. Perhaps it will, with less horses to trample the greenery, and with moans and weeping where once had been the echoes of laughter.

His host had hidden most memories of Divest from the Curse, so he picks through the green mare’s mind for what he is missing, and finds a youthful attachment that he is sure he can easily exploit.

“Some of the residents do complain of nightmares,” he admits to her, “But I’ve had none in my home beside the waterfall.” He pauses, as if considering the implications, and then continues: “You’re welcome to stay there with me? If you’d like?”

He’s found that heartbreak is a wonderfully powerful emotion. Taking it from someone else will surely make it all the more delectable. He must be careful for a while, he decides, must be patient and careful to not reveal himself too soon.

Such a prime opportunity has stumbled into his lap, and he glances due east to where the Mountain stands, and wonders if Fate has had anything to do with this. Perhaps it’s only luck.

“Have you been to Tephra before?” He says, turning his brilliantly blue eyes back to her. “It’s not nearly so colorful as Islandres, but it has its charms.” He thinks of the frightened children who huddle beneath the trees for protection from his powers, and smiles.

GALE

@Divest

Messages In This Thread
    don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-02-2021, 11:14 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Gale - 09-06-2021, 08:07 AM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-06-2021, 03:38 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Gale - 09-07-2021, 09:27 AM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-08-2021, 10:13 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Gale - 09-09-2021, 09:28 AM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-09-2021, 11:02 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Gale - 09-10-2021, 07:59 AM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-12-2021, 08:50 PM