• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't come find me; any
    @Divest

i hear the wicked get no rest, but when you do
    ---------- i hope you dream of me

Not so much as others might, she replies, and Gale’s brow raises with clear interest.

So perhaps she does have some hidden abilities. Though he’d taken the ability to steal thoughts from the body of a dead man, it is not a skill that the monster had perfected. He is still best with images, things that have been Seen rather than Thought, and the knowledge of Divest’s healing ability is something new to him.

He does like healing.
    He likes taking it away, and watching as the disbelief settles over them, as realization dawns in their eyes as their body betrays them - remaining broken and torn instead of mending itself.

How will Divest respond when he takes her Healing, Gale wonders.
    He thinks she might cry; those silver eyes will be breathtaking were they to sparkle with tears.

Gale resists the urge to find out so soon, instead remaining still as she wades into the water. The fog stirs, splitting around her pale green body as she enters the water. Should he follow her? Slip into the water as something long and dark so he might rip her belly out from under her and turn the pool red with blood?

Gale takes a step closer, half-smiling at the beautiful image. Will the waterfall heal her as he rips her open? How long might he rip her open, watch her repaired, and tear into her again?

His eyes slide hungrily across her, searching once more with his Eyes that he’d not missed anything. No scales, no wings, no outward indicators of anything. He takes another step, and another, and only when he’d just hardly lifted his foot to step into the water, he finally pauses.

He’s getting carried away.
    Destroying her body would be a temporary satisfaction.
    Best to keep her alive, to draw black emotions until she is nothing but a dry husk, and then he will kill her.

That image does make him smile outright. So he meets her eyes again, this time seemingly unabashed at his inspection, and asks: “You have abilities then? Some type of healing?”

When she comments on having needed the water after all, Gale nods agreeably. Perhaps it has soothed her as well, washing away any worries that might put her on edge.

“Anything that might make the walk to the volcano shorter?” He asks, a perfect imitation of Gale’s bright smile and teasing eyes. The white-haired stallion had always been a talker, and though the Curse is more tight lipped, he chatters on for Divest’s benefit.

“I fell in once. Not something I’d like to repeat, so I wouldn't recommend it. No even with the waterfall so near.”  He grins, mischievous despite what would otherwise be a frightening tale. It had ended well, it would seem, as he is (again) living and breathing, watching Divest with amusement.

GALE

Messages In This Thread
    don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-02-2021, 11:14 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Gale - 09-06-2021, 08:07 AM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-06-2021, 03:38 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Gale - 09-07-2021, 09:27 AM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-08-2021, 10:13 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Gale - 09-09-2021, 09:28 AM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-09-2021, 11:02 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Gale - 09-10-2021, 07:59 AM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-12-2021, 08:50 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Gale - 09-13-2021, 07:59 AM