• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart

He had never really had the opportunity to truly play when he was even younger. His socialization had been kept to between his mother and the creatures that resided within Beqanna and few equines had ever been allowed to get close to him. The only other horse that he remembered well enough from the past two years was Gossip. While she hadn't been directly blood related, the mare had been a sort of mentor, helping shape his mind so that he grew into a well rounded two year old despite her own differences and dark nature.

So when he sees this mare so free and playful he's almost confused despite being positively entertained. "I'm not necessarily having fun," he responds softly. "Though that's only because it's so cold and I'm not used to it," he smiles awkwardly. The cold truly was one of his weaknesses. That being said the weather had done nothing to encourage Evarae to stop her child from leaving the Pampas to explore the outside world. While her motherly instincts had been almost too in tune, by the time Picard had turned two the excitement of having him as a son had worn off and she was nothing if not more than eager to push him out of the nest. To her and many others in Beqanna, two years old was a milestone and the time where every little horse had to grow up and learn how to handle life on their own.

"My mother prefers it at this point," he says with confidence in response to her concern. "She's pushed me out of the nest so to speak," he shifts his weight as he says this and stands a little taller. "It's alright though, I like to explore." His smile returns then at the thought of his adventures. "Why are you here alone? Are you looking for a home?" His inquiry almost comes like second nature and without knowing it, his mother's knack of diplomacy is flowing through him like some sort of inherited trait.

PICARD

"the road from legitimate suspicion to rampant
    paranoia is very much shorter than we think."

@Rinala

Messages In This Thread
    The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Rinala - 09-05-2021, 12:50 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Picard - 09-06-2021, 03:13 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Rinala - 09-06-2021, 07:19 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Picard - 09-07-2021, 03:35 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Rinala - 09-08-2021, 07:34 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Picard - 09-09-2021, 01:07 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Rinala - 09-14-2021, 04:31 PM