• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  could not hold me back

His anger thrills her and she turns to face him, her lion’s tail flicking behind her. She does not respond to the words he greets her with - they hold no interest to her. Mazikeen continues to burn inside, the flames curling in every inch of her, but externally she is calm now. Cold. Her attention is latched onto Nashua in the same manner she used when she had hunted that deer before she came here.

She’s always been a hunter, always found a thrill in the chase and the fight - and this last year has freed her of her conscience that kept it as mere exercise.

Now it is a game. Now she can see just how far she can push Nashua before he attacks or flees. Either would be a delight. She can use his blood to feed her anger, to drown out that spot of golden light that burns in the back of her mind where she cannot reach to tear it out.

“Where’s my daughter? I was told she was brought here.” Her head tilts to the side, her gaze predatory as it narrows. “Did you forget I was pregnant, Nashua? I didn’t tell you when you came with Bolder that day but I know Gale did.” There had been so few secrets between them and fewer now. The mind of the Curse was something she could peek in any time she wished. What a weapon that might have been once, when she had cared enough to make promises.

It is an effort not to keep her dark gaze darting around, but if anyone knew where Sickle was in this forest - it was Nashua. All that remained was how to get the information out of him. “If you’re curious - he wasn’t possessed by the curse yet when we conceived them. But he was when they were born.” The one brewing inside of her was all curse, all darkness, but she won’t reveal that she is pregnant just yet. She doesn’t want Nashua pulling his punches and he seems like the weak-hearted sort to do that when a child is involved.

She steps closer, the talons of this form digging into the needles illuminated by her glowing skin and feathers, and her voice is taunting as she thinks about that day in Icicle Isle - the new bonds she had once been so happy about.

“Thanks for checking in on me.”

m a z i k e e n .

@Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-06-2021, 12:30 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-06-2021, 05:27 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-06-2021, 06:46 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-06-2021, 07:49 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-07-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-08-2021, 11:46 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-09-2021, 09:44 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-09-2021, 10:55 AM