• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  could not hold me back

Not against you earns a growl from Mazikeen, a flash of dragonfire sizzling across the needle-covered ground in front of her. Once, she would have seen red at this barest hint of a threat towards Gale - he was no one’s to tear apart but hers. Now, she wants to be seen for what she is. Not the foolish Alpha she had been but another, separate threat that Hyaline houses. “I guess I’ll have to try a little harder then, won’t I.” She spits back with another flash of flame, scorching a nearby tree.

Mazikeen does not snarl back at Nashua at his taunt about Taiga's secrets as he darts into the air. She’d come here with one purpose and she’d already been sidetracked enough. Instead of feeling aggravated, there’s a strange sense of calm. Mention his losses Aela had told her, but the shapeshifter intended to do more than just that. She feels shadows curl through her, overshadowing both her fire and the golden light she’s pretending does not exist in the back of her mind. She tilts her head, smiling upwards at the canopy with a hollow, wicked grin that does not even come close to lighting up her eyes.

“Will Taiga feel better about giving up this particular secret to a friendly face?”

And then she changes where she stands from a dragon into a stallion with golden hair and a rich chestnut coat. The curving horns from her head are now straight and goatlike, matching the beard that grows. She remembers the blue-eyed twin of Nashua being a little taller than her so she grows as well. It may not be an exactly perfect match, but it should do the trick. “I’m afraid I’m short a chicken but I think this’ll do? You can have your brother back for a few hours while we search. Won't that be nice?” That grin remains and her gaze lowers to the shadows of Taiga, the paths she'd once walked with the same stallion she is mimicking now. Nashua could flutter around in the air all he wanted, she was going to finish looking for Sickle, and she moves to walk further into this cursed forest on her new, cloven hooves.

m a z i k e e n .

@Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-06-2021, 12:30 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-06-2021, 05:27 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-06-2021, 06:46 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-06-2021, 07:49 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-07-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-08-2021, 11:46 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-09-2021, 09:44 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-09-2021, 10:55 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-09-2021, 02:15 PM