• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  You know I'm the one who put you up there
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    Her face is the last one he expects today.
    It’s the last one he wants to see.

Familiar venom rises in his throat but it is not him and he cannot help the snarl that he greets her with as his red eyes flash hungrily at her, scales encasing him in a shining plated armor that matches the cold bite of the cruel one he usually wore. He grows still and silent for a moment, simply glaring at her as he fights against the rising instinct to shift. She is bold as she always is and comes closer, so the serpent fades back as he loosens the tension from his body and exhales sharply. How long had it been since he had drank his beloved nectar or inhaled the sweetness of pollen? It had been weeks. Months? It seemed nobody had noticed, not even him. Gods, no wonder he felt so dreadful lately. “That’s the best idea I’ve heard in weeks.” He says sharply, a familiar smirk twisting across velvet lips.

He doesn’t ask her how he found him this far from the heart of the land or even what she had seen on her approach. If she had overheard his questions to Steve. As the sub-kingdom had grown and flourished over the years, his presence as Fae had influenced it as well. He finds a regular stash in a small alcove to the coast, as if produced on the whim of a wish. He wastes no time in shoving his muzzle into the honeyed wine and gulps it down with a reckless swallow. He steps back to allow room for her and moves further out into the open breeze of an approaching winter storm. He waits for her to join him before glancing at her with that same dark hard expression. “What are you doing here, Cheri?” He asks her blatantly, raising a brow in her direction. Surely she had better things to be doing, preparations and all that for that new fancy crown she was about to wear. He no longer doubts her validation to wear it, making it all  the more suspicious that she was here with him.

Alone.

He wants to spit something sharp and hurtful at her, to continue to burrow himself into the darkest parts of himself until he felt nothing at all. That brightness in her seems to find it’s way to that piece of himself he had laid down for her, finding a place to slip through and dull his tongue. “If you’ve come to pay that favor, that’s on my terms. Not yours.” He says with a small flicker of wickedness before fading back into the brooding storm he was carrying.

obscene

@Cheri
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You know I'm the one who put you up there - by Obscene - 09-07-2021, 12:29 AM