• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  You know I'm the one who put you up there
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    She doesn’t bat an eye at his scales and he can’t remember the last time she has, if she ever had. He has made her cry, he has made her doubt herself, but he can’t ever seem to chase her away. No matter how hard he bites, she fails to break apart the way he had once thought she would. No, it is him that has been fractured and left questioning who and what he was. She soars where he falls and he finds himself laughing at the irony of it all, how quickly the roles had reversed. Then again he can’t remember when he had ever been whole. It was easy to shatter something that was already broken to begin with.

She steps beside him and assures him of not breaking their pact and he snorts with a roll of his red eyes. No, he hadn’t thought she had come here for that. Not when the changing of the guard was to happen so soon. She is goading him, he realizes, baiting him with her cheshire smile and glimmering green eyes. As if she can sense his rising ire and the tumultuous storm in his breast that matches the rising waves along the dark coast. He doesn’t take the lure, his lips curving slightly into a small frown. Once it would have been easy to accept her trap, to let himself fall stupid beneath the amber haze of nectar and play pretend with her like they had done years ago.

”You’ve been useful.”

He figures that’s why she’s here too.
    Useful. A distraction from her rich fulfilling life in Loess. A distraction from her rise to grace while he tumbles down the steps of hell back to where he belongs.

The warmth spreads from his throat deep into his chilled bones and he suddenly steps to her until his chest is almost pressed against hers and he is glowering down at her much like he had done years ago when he had still thought he hated everything about her. “You may be a Queen but I am not your jester.” He growls at her, his tone sharp and cutting as his red eyes glitter with animosity and something close to desperation. “Find someone else.” He snarls into her ear before slowly pulling back, taking the scent of her (desert rains and lilies) with him.

He had once said that she had reminded him of Aela and when it comes to their ambition, their strength, their refusal to bend and break… He still sees it. But her heart is open where the golden mare’s had been closed. And the shriveled thing within him is still looking for that place to settle and it reaches out uncertainly as it brushes tentatively against hers.

obscene

@Cheri
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You know I'm the one who put you up there - by Obscene - 09-07-2021, 01:00 PM