• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  You know I'm the one who put you up there
    In the face of uncertain danger, Obscene was (at least) carelessly brave.

“Don’t presume to lecture me. You think pulling in a few warm bodies is akin to success?” She scoffed. “We both know you weren’t the reason they came.” Aela was. It was her flame and her wild spark that ignited the following through the pampas, and Obscene clearly loved being the false benefactor. For a moment she considered him. “You do make an excellent sponge for her ambitious fallback.”

Heroic Obscene, off fighting the good fight for his people while she was galavanting around looking for Targaryen. She scoffed harshly, knowing he had very little idea of who she’d actually met along the way. And the herd among the wildflowers she was supposed to be protecting, what about them? From the way Obscene told her and the history Cheri knew well enough of by now, it honestly sounded to her like they’d gone looking for trouble and gotten exactly that. The broken-legged mare being an exception; her loss spoke volumes of the innocents caught in a crossfire between two royal houses - pitted against one another, yet connected by blood.

There was no one guiltier than Obscene for the danger he’d brought to this shore. His words glanced off Cheri as if she hadn’t even heard them.

She actually did laugh, though, when he stepped to her. The backwards rain dropped in a heavy curtain of water, released in a torrent of freedom. Her glow remained, leaking pale light out from her eyes and even her mouth when she spoke.

“I am wrathful justice, a conduit of divine light. My realm is that of the living, to be a Shield of Faith.” Came her voice, though it echoed as if spoken by two horses and not one. It would seem that her past and her future were colliding -  using the present vessel to speak at him -  right before they bounced against one another and continued on their separate ways, releasing Cheri from their hold.

Immediately her head dropped, her eyes closed, and a sharp crack rang through her skull. The weather had lessened but kept up, raining steadily down on the lusterless pegasus whose wings now slumped against the beach sand, her light snuffed out. Cheri clenched her jaw against the pain throbbing above her jeweled forehead and panted, “I would never hurt you.”

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You know I'm the one who put you up there - by Cheri - 09-12-2021, 12:41 PM