• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  there's a thief on every corner of the street

m a z i k e e n .

Bolder shifts again, becoming a fox, and her smile grows a little more. It’s coming so easily for him now - leagues of improvement over that first lesson by this very lake. He comes closer and Mazikeen knows how easy it would be to catch him in her teeth while he beams up at her. She’s pleased to hear that he’s been practicing - so the visit with his parents didn’t dampen his ambitions about shifting.

Her red-orange eyes shine a little as Bolder tells her he’s been thinking about going to the mountain. “That’s a great idea, Bolder.” She reaches out to give him a playful shove and she needs to actively remind herself not to use claws or too much force - that wasn’t the game she was playing with Bolder. He seemed to be no more afraid of her now than he had been before and that was exactly what she needed (even if a part of her is a little annoyed about it).

“I went to the Mountain too, for the same reason. That’s how I’m able to do more.” It bothers her now to think of her limitations when she had been younger - and even more so to think of when she had been without shifting altogether. She had still been strong without it, that had been the whole point of the lesson she had to learn, but compared with what she was now, those past selves were such useless things.

She wonders what sort of task Bolder will get. Will he lose her shifting as she did?

Mazikeen doesn't know if she wants that or not so she avoids those uncertain thoughts by continuing to speak. “When you get back, let me know if I can help with any of the tasks the fairies give you.” Especially if it meant turning Bolder into a more powerful shifter than Nashua would ever imagine - Mazikeen would truly be delighted to help.

@bolder

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's a thief on every corner of the street - by Mazikeen - 09-13-2021, 09:55 AM