• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  there's a thief on every corner of the street

m a z i k e e n .

A quiet laugh escapes Mazikeen when Bolder rolls onto his back, extending a paw her way. How readily he trusts her, exposing his belly like that. It would take no effort at all to turn his copper coat a deeper red. But while she does think about it, it is not with any serious contemplation. If the time ever came for Bolder to die, it would not be without a particular audience.

Her grin fades when he asks about her task and she turns her head to scowl in the direction of that distant peak. “They took away my shifting, and asked for me to become comfortable in my own skin.” Her aggravation flares to life on her white coat, a few markings cracking down her spine.

The memories sit so uncomfortably with her now, the weight of all the emotions she had experienced during the eclipse contrasted with the wasteland currently inside of her.

It takes a considerable amount of effort not to be scowling when she turns back to her young ward, her face instead carefully neutral. “It was difficult, but worth it in the end.” She considers cautioning Bolder against ‘cheating’ as she had and flying up the mountain instead of walking up but decides against it. If he makes that choice, it will be something he needs to deal with.

@bolder

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's a thief on every corner of the street - by Mazikeen - 09-25-2021, 01:04 PM