• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  courage can be an emotion too.

He's done nothing of any importance for the first two years of his life except live and grow within the deepest parts of the pampas at his mother's side. Under Evarae's watchful eye and Gossip's firm mentoring, Picard had shaped into a somewhat mature young colt. Though both had failed to teach him one thing, and that was how to find and use the magic within. Though that being said, the colt had never really shown definitive signs that he was capable of much if anything at all. 

Over the past two short years the only signs of the magic that was growing within him were the way the shadows pulsed around him according to his heartbeat. With each thump of his heart the shadows would reach for him as though they were drawn to him. Maybe they were. Whether or not he'd discover the truth now or later had yet to be determined. This meant that for now he was just ordinary and it was something he had willingly come to terms with. So once he reached the age of two, the "ordinary" spotted colt found himself venturing away from his mother's nesting grounds and further into the wide open spaces of the Pampas. 

Under his hooves lay the carcasses of the dying flowers that spent most of the year in bloom and giving the territory a unique draw among all of the Beqanna residents that knew about them. Their drug like properties had been described to him by Gossip and his mother, though the colt had never tried inhaling their pollen. He's certain if he had tried that his mother would have murdered him right then and there for participating in "grown up activities". 

Though now that he stands amongst the dying red petals, he wonders how he had allowed himself to grow up so sheltered. How had he never challenged her? How had he allowed her to keep him hidden away under the premise that it was in his best interest? It's questions he honestly can't answer and so he stands there wondering what life would have been like if it had been the opposite. It's only when he hears the crunch of hoofbeats that he turns his delicately shaped head towards the noise, an eye searching for the other. "Hello," he says quietly when he finally catches sight of them.

PICARD

"the road from legitimate suspicion to rampant
    paranoia is very much shorter than we think."

@Obscene - hello, please accept this poorly written, sleep deprived post. ♥
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    The mare and her child had not been missed by the Dark Fae in the years they had lived together. They had fallen under the category of keeping mostly to themselves and so, much like the gray ghost who haunted the wildflowers, he left them alone to their own devices until they wished to be found. They had never interfered in the plots and schemes of the flower court and that was all that he could really ask for, finding it much easier to allow them to stay then chase them out. Besides the colt had caught their attention with his horns and flowers, holding the promise of becoming an enthralling creature which fit in quite well with the terms of their eccentric court. The powerful and the beautiful.

Picard had the promise of beauty, he would be a handsome creature who might rival his own looks one day. But would he be powerful? From a distance he had seen glimpses of the leopard colt who seemed for all intensive purposes… rather ordinary beyond his looks. The red-eyed stallion couldn’t help but wonder what lurked beneath his skin. He was proof that magic wasn’t the end all to becoming something more. He had once been a mere mortal. Look at where he stood now, perhaps a little more fucked up and broken then he had been before, but powerful in his own way nonetheless. 

When the colt finally steps out into the open heart of the territory where he’s never seen him before, it takes him no thought at all to approach him. His hooves crunch against the snow and bring the boy around to face him, his glittering red gaze sweeping over horns and blonde markings as his soft voice finds his long pointed ears. “Picard, isn’t it?” He asks with a clipped tone but there is no ice or ire in his flickering crimson gaze, only curiosity as he looks over the youth with thinly veiled interest. “You’ve strayed further out today.” He says smoothly, allowing the child to know he had been watching. Was aware of everything. “Why?” He asks in that quiet but rough way of his, simply inquisitive for the moment.

obscene

@Picard  
    Yay I'm stoked!!!  Big Grin
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

It's been a quiet life so far. One full of simply growing and maturing and for lack of a better word, boredom. Finally stepping out of the "nest" and making his way out into the world was his first step towards freedom and independence and maybe that of true growth. As a result he's found his way, maybe intentionally even, into Obscene's line of sight.

It's only when the black stallion makes his appearance that he relaxes and for a moment he studies the way the gold glitters across the other's strong features. His eyes follow the trail of shimmer and sparkle towards the other's chest. "That's me," the gold spotted colt says in response to the dark prince. An eye travels up to meet the gaze of the other before him and he tilts his head in curiosity. He's used to being watched, though truthfully not from a distance and certainly not without knowing. So when the other hints that he's always known that Picard was there his heart pounds momentarily in his chest and a rush of adrenaline spikes within. "I have," he responds, this time with more confidence behind his tone despite his lack of social skills.

"Why?" The question lingers between them and for a moment Picard looks towards the sky, his breath building in his chest. It takes a moment but soon he looks back down towards the other and sighs softly, the air escaping his lungs with relaxed relief. "I want more then a life of solitude," he shifts the weight of his body and his wings widen at the thought of more then staying home in the nest. "I want to discover the world outside of home," the corners of his lips twitch in the hint of a small smile and his eyes glisten with the thought of an adventure. "Have you ever discovered anything new?" It's a question he can't avoid. He wants to hear of any and all stories that are able to be told.

PICARD

@Obscene
    There is safety in solitude. It's one thing he could say in response to the colt’s frustration. But even that safety wasn’t promised. There were crueler parts of Beqanna then the Pampas but even the wildflower lands had seen their fair share of life’s brutality. It could be found in the red petaled flowers and their sweet pollen, in the grave of a child whose only purpose in being born was to die, in the invisible shackles of the growing collection of captives far from home. The colt laments over wanting more to life then the peaceful lonely existence he had come to know.

When Obscene had been his age… he had wanted that too.
    Now the Dark Prince isn’t quite so sure if he still wants it.

“Oh I’ve discovered new things.” The glittering stallion says as he looks down at him, still rather pensive. “I discovered a star covered mare in a summer meadow whose legs were broken by the force of a creature you could not comprehend as she rested in a bed of her own blood. I’ve watched a horse lured by a ghostly light into a deep pool that it never rose back out of and discovered beauty in a silent death.” He pauses, wondering if the colt was starting to catch his meaning. “I’ve also come across storms created by magic, I’ve witnessed the first breath in a newborn colt, I’ll soon watch a Queen take her crown. All new things I hadn’t seen before.” The smile he offers him is real enough. “Do you think yourself ready to discover things like that?” He asks, knowing the next response will be telling enough on where he might fit this child into his growing court.

obscene

@Picard

Safety was something that hadn't even occurred to Picard. He was so eager to discover new things and explore new lands that he hadn't once stopped to consider that there would be dangers that lurked in the shadows. Even more so, he hadn't once stopped to consider the history of his own home and the many discoveries it had to offer. His eyes travel over the landscape that sprawled before them and for a moment he is almost perfectly still. A sort of desire began to grow within him in that moment. A desire to know more.

It only takes seconds for the prince to respond to his inquiries and when he does Picard pulls away from his inner most thoughts. A green eye shifts back to land on Obscene and with pricked ears he listens to the stallion with an almost intense focus. The way the other describes each of his discoveries and experiences draws Picard closer. His eyes widen and his wings flutter anxiously. The spotted colt hangs on to every word as his heart pounds loudly in his chest.

Silent tales of murder and death may naturally disturb most, but Picard wasn't them. Instead he found himself picturing the scenes within his mind and when Obscene pauses he says nothing. Instead he shifts his wait in eager anticipation his urge to hear more outweighing his need to ask questions.

When the stallion begins to describe happier and less dark experiences Picard's interest never wanes. Instead it remains as strong as ever and his focus never falters. His breath begins to catch in his throat and for a moment his mind is blank. He has no idea what to say. He simply knows that one day he wants to see it all for himself.

He can only imagine what it's like to see new life be born or for death to paint the earth red. "Woah," he whispers softly. Blinking he looks up at the other his lips pressed together in thought when a question follows. He takes a moment to respond yet he knew the answer before the question had even been asked. "Yes," he says with a strong confidence. "I am more than ready," it's an assurance he knew he could uphold. "I will never not want to see what the world holds."

His heart is pounding even harder in that moment in response to his confidence and excitement. "Maybe I could even bring any appropriate discoveries back home."

PICARD

@Obscene
    This boy is a curious one, perhaps fae-touched himself. His red eyes glitter as they sweep from the fairytale butterfly wings to the unusual coloring that made the colt stand out in a crowd. His is a fresh soul, unblemished by time or the stain of corruption that was waiting just outside their door. The Dark Fae can’t help but have a small ounce of pity for him, knowing already what his answer would be. It was what they all chose in the end. Irresistible, especially to those tied to immortality. All they had was time.

“You do not need my blessing child.” He says down to him with his smug smile. “But you are welcome to bring back anything precious or powerful you find.” He has no idea yet of the ambitions of this child, a strong will that Aela would even be impressed by. For now he is only a colt with wonder in his eyes and a clear conscious. How long would that last, he wonders. Was it better to let him fall unaware or would the warning make the landing a little less painful? “My only advice? Don’t start anything you can’t handle.” He advises coldly but thoughtfully with that same stoney expression that settles across his handsome face. He gives a slight nod, a gesture of obvious dismissal to send the boy on his way.

obscene

@Picard

Even though Obscene says that Picard does not need his blessing it’s as though the spotted colt is receiving it anyway. A smile tugs at the corners of his lips. ”I’ll bring as many things as I can,” he promises. He’s sure, at least for now, that nothing will get in his way. In all honesty though, he has no idea what is waiting for him out in the world.

The warning does not go unnoticed and with a crease of the brow and a flash of his eyes he presses his lips together. ”I’ll be careful,” he says thoughtfully. Though there’s nothing that could prepare him for what was what coming. Soon he’d find out just what the world was truly capable of and maybe even what he was capable of, too.

”I’ll be back soon,” he says when the prince nods in dismissal before turning towards the border of the kingdom. With one last look back at the stallion the colt flutters his wings and lifts into the air. Moments later he is gone, his small body darting through the clouds.

PICARD

@Obscene