• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  oh, if they dusted me for prints

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

He wants to snarl at her, to inform her in no uncertain terms that she is wrong. Wants to crash forward and wipe the insolent certainty from her features. But he can’t. He can’t because she is not wrong. While the threat of further violence would not stop him or sway him from his current course, the possibility that they just wouldn’t fucking leave him alone certainly would.

Coming to him with threats on their lips is one thing. Embroiling him in a diplomatic dispute would be another entirely. He likes his space too much. Replacing her smug certainty with fear and regret might almost - almost - be worth it, but not quite.

Still, that doesn’t mean he had to be in any way pleasant. Or that he has to help her. Maybe ignoring her would get her to leave. Though he suspects taking that route would be far slower and vastly more annoying.

So he does nothing more than grunt in reply, gaze fixed in a glower, features taut with carefully leashed aggression. He stiffens the moment she mentions this mysterious boy’s mother is a relation of his. Making the boy also a relation. He has ignored the existence of his relations for decades. Why she would ever imagine he would help is beyond him. And certainly does nothing to improve his mood.

Especially when she mentions Ryatah. He has been pointedly refusing to think of her since he had removed her memories of their last meeting. He absolutely fucking does not want to think of her now. His dark eyes flare with fury as he stares at the woman before him, head lifting and ears pinning flat, the familiarity of her features not lost on him.

“And why in fucking hell,” he growls, his voice low, nearly vibrating with barely contained rage. “in your shit-brained imagination, would you believe I know anything about a cocksucking kidnapping from fucking Taiga?”

It occurs to him she probably wants help finding the boy, but he is damn well not seeking out that angel on purpose. Ever. Regardless of his supposed relationship to this boy or his mother.

@Elegance

Messages In This Thread
    oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Elegance - 09-08-2021, 01:32 PM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Ashhal - 09-09-2021, 01:45 PM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Ashhal - 10-05-2021, 11:12 AM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Ashhal - 10-13-2021, 10:10 AM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Ashhal - 10-26-2021, 10:59 AM