• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  When I talk to the night I can feel it stare

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

She comes at night.

The entities that Gale had shown her once will alert her presence but she doesn’t mind. She wants them to. Nashua would murder her if he knew she was here but after dying once and being split open multiple times now, the thought doesn’t bother her like it use to. There had only been so much scolding he could do this time when he had patched her up, considering who she had brought with her to the redwoods. To be fair Lilliana had done most of the work in the last leg of that trip, the empty void having started to  consume her as death began to siphon the strength from her rapidly beating heart. Once there had been a brotherly affection she had felt for the King of the North but now she can barely remember the summer shade of green his eyes turned to when he was being kind. Now she only knows his scowl and his glare which she had returned in ten-fold as she had spitted back at him. If he had wanted a Thane that would cower on the Isle and do nothing, then he could find someone else. She knows deep down that their anger is never truly directed at the other but with nobody else that seems to fully understand that rage, they seem to settle on each other.

In the heat of their argument, she hadn’t gotten a chance to tell him exactly what the Curse had done to her this time. And when she had left him, burning with injustice and snarling with pent up aggression, her new recklessness drives her in a different direction. Her pupils remain hidden beneath the chaotic swirl of her starlit gaze as she lands in front of the remains of the wisteria tree she had once adored. A slight frown curves her mouth downwards, unable to tell on what scale she is bothered.

Not that much, surprisingly. Ever since that electrical brightness cloaked in shadows had been placed in the eye of her storming anger, she had snagged the thread of hope that had been evading her for so long. The snarl on his lips had tasted like victory, leaving a sweetness even when blood filled her mouth as he had slammed her against the ground. Even now she reaches past the storm of her own making and brushes gently against it, receiving a jolt for her efforts that makes her jerk and grit her teeth. She doesn’t know how to remove it. She’s not sure if she even should. But she is curious of the image that he had unknowingly attached to that bright magic he had hidden inside her.

A sound catches her attention and she slowly turns around, her mercury eyes finding exactly who she wanted to see. She settles in a tense stance with the burnt remains of the tree behind her, a cold smile on her lips as her wings remain flared and her crimson stars cast them both in their intimate sanguine haze. “Hello Mazikeen. Do you remember me?”

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@Mazikeen
    No rush since we both have a million threads on our to-do but this was in my head and needed to come out lol  Heart

Messages In This Thread
    When I talk to the night I can feel it stare - by Ciri - 09-09-2021, 04:33 PM