• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  When I talk to the night I can feel it stare

There is no way to settle back into her life but some things stay the same. She still patrols even though she doesn’t need to, enjoying the excuse for movement. Now she seeks company almost every time, whether it is Firion or her children, and finds comfort in their presence. Soon she’ll need to go beyond Hyaline’s borders. The list of those she means to track down is long. But for now she stays in her home and tries to fill the spaces here with new memories, as though it is just that easy to write over the old ones.

The alarm comes to her while she is beneath the lake, looking for Chasm, and Mazikeen-the-kelpie abandons her fruitless search to rise up to the surface of the lake. She’s expecting to need to walk for some time to find whoever it is but there is an unfamiliar, winged form near the wisteria tree. The frown in Mazikeen’s orange eyes is illuminated by the glow of her horns as she emerges from the lake nearby and approaches as her natural self. The white of her coat completely unmarked by scars.

She takes in the cold smile, the flared wings and the crimson light of the stars that orbit this mare and her confusion only deepens when she’s greeted by name.

The voice is familiar, but Mazikeen cannot place it. Even with the added bonus of her ignoring the boundaries of Hyaline just like she had last time. But Ciri had not had her wings, or stars, the last time they’d met.

So Mazikeen shakes her head at this maybe-stranger, trying to place the voice and coming up with nothing, and feeling uneasy and tense because of it. “I don’t… think so, sorry.”

mazikeen

@Ciri

Messages In This Thread
    RE: When I talk to the night I can feel it stare - by Mazikeen - 10-02-2021, 11:16 AM