• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  When I talk to the night I can feel it stare

It is a strange thing, to be faced with someone else’s anger and feel nothing inside of her. Her fury had been mostly dormant since that last death. She is wary, though, and the clipped words put Mazikeen more on edge. She won’t have another loose cannon here in Hyaline again. The residents here deserve actual peace.

Her confusion continues to grow as she stands her ground when the winged mare steps closer and then halts. When Mazikeen’s ears flick backwards at the hoarse and snapped words, it is with uncertainty rather than anger. She doesn’t understand why this stranger is so mad with her and she tries her best to avoid speculating or she’ll drown in her own memories. She doesn’t get that luxury, though, because after a brief conflicting moment where she isn’t sure who this mare means by her boyfriend, the next words clear things up.

Gale. Gale is why this stranger is so mad. And while that doesn’t solve all the riddles, it certainly helps explain that seething rage. It's one she knows well. Mazikeen feels those memories she was avoiding, feels the weight of this stranger’s words, like a grip on her throat.

It’s a silly thing to focus on, but she finds her voice first stumbling over an objection to the word boyfriend. “He’s not my… we’re not…” Only stopping when she realizes it doesn’t really matter. She doesn’t have to explain her relationship status to anyone. There are other things to focus on.

Her grief is a tangible thing and even if she wanted to, she wouldn’t be able to hide the way it shines in her orange eyes as she stares back at another victim of the Curse.

What Gale could have put inside this mare could be anything. Shadows? A baby? Those had been the only things he had placed inside of her. He had focused more on removing parts of Mazikeen than giving her more.

But how do you say these things to a stranger? Or anyone at all?

Before she can try to answer the why, Mazikeen tries to figure out just what they’re talking about. “I don't understand. What do you mean it belongs to me?”

mazikeen

Messages In This Thread
    RE: When I talk to the night I can feel it stare - by Mazikeen - 10-02-2021, 01:12 PM