• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  When I talk to the night I can feel it stare

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

“Oh good.” She laughs coldly as Mazikeen trips over her words in the face of their relationship, the one that Gale had told her about when he had still been Gale. “I thought you would deny knowing him too.” The darkness he had placed around that brightness in her chest seems to merge with the toxic energy that had seeped from the tainted connection to her stars and there is something different in her craving for revenge. Something darker that turns the red of her stars into something almost black. “You never deserved Hyaline.” She hisses between gritted teeth, the glow of her shining eyes holding no mercy and only malice. “You’ve destroyed everything this place use to stand for, the two of you.” There is a vague thought, that she is being far too cruel and it was not like her, but it is swept away in the growing tidal wave of her fury that feeds on old hurts and ever newer, bigger, wounds. For so long she had been trying to hold back this sickness for the fear of unleashing it on someone who didn’t deserve it. But didn’t Mazikeen deserve it? Hadn’t she stood by his side, from what little Nashua could tell her, while Gale had wrecked havoc on the entire world around them. Had she not made him King and given him even more protection to fulfill his bloodlust fantasies? Didn’t she still hold Nash’s son hostage? How innocent could she really be?

And yet…

That grief in her eyes seems real enough. And so does her confusion as she asks what belongs to her. It’s not enough. It’s not enough to stop the torrential downpour of her anguish and pain, the sickness that had been eating at her core since the moment the Curse had snapped her legs and ripped her open. It's not enough to make up for her empty death. “I'M SICK OF THIS!” She roars at her, an explosive noise that jumps from her throat as she rears up, starlit wings flared around her as her hooves collide violently back to the ground. “This. THIS." She hisses and she reaches into herself to the shadows and lightning as she grabs the package of light wrapped in his dark magic with full force as if she might pull it from herself and throw it at Maze's feet. She tries at least. Lightning courses around her body as the shadows writhe from her nostrils, rising like smoke from her eyes and ears, but she doesn’t let go despite the brutal pain that courses through her body. She tries to yank that thing from her but the pain becomes too much, makes her fall to her knees and groan, and she releases it as the magic becomes too much.

Shaking violently and sweat breaking across her back, the shadows and lighting retreating, she finds her footing again and staggers upright, feeling terribly unwell. Pain shoots behind her eyes and she winces at Mazikeen, that anger still swirling in her breast but momentarily forgotten. Because she knows now. She knows what it is. “It’s an emotion.” She gasps, sides heaving. “He ripped me open and put it inside of me. And I saw you before he put his magic around it.” Still panting and unable to look at her, she asks the question that had been plaguing her for months. “It’s yours isn’t it? He took it from you, didn’t he?”

“But why me? Why did he give it to me?”

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@Mazikeen

Messages In This Thread
    RE: When I talk to the night I can feel it stare - by Ciri - 10-02-2021, 01:59 PM