• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose.

It can be said that Picard is truly ignorant to the darkness that the world of Beqanna held. For the last two years the isolation his mother had succeeding in creating around them kept him from learning about the risks and dangers he may face. So, when he stepped out into the world, the golden spotted butterfly had no idea what he was barreling towards in his search for adventure and discovery. If anything, he certainly had no idea he’d come face to face with the harsh realities of life so soon.

It’s the sound of solid hoofbeats that draws his attention and snaps him away from the memories of the red blooms that danced across the landscape of his very first homeland. With a quick turn of his head a bright eye finds the approaching stranger and for a moment his heart flutters with excitement. That is until he notices the ominous strength of the other. The black stallion’s large muscular build and warrior like appearance has the breath catching in his throat.

“What are you doing on my island, little boy?” His heart skips a beat. ”I…” He pauses then, his tongue tapping the roof of his mouth in thought. ”Honestly, I was flying around and I found it.” His voice is quiet, not yet strong with consistent confidence. ”I’ve been here a while though and I liked it enough to stay.” It’s mostly true, though he leaves out the fact that it’s also Carl’s happiness that keeps him tied here. He’d do anything for his companion in all truth.

Slowly the first step of intimidation seems to subside. ”You live here?” He questions innocently without realizing just exactly who he is facing. It’s a question in relation to the other’s first question. Unlike many, he was not well versed in those that led other lands or which lands were tied to where or even who. He turns slightly towards the other, his defenses down.

So carefree and so unaware.

Behind him Carl floats in the shallow waters of the lake, blissfully unaware of the danger that lurks inland.

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    RE: It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - by Picard - 09-12-2021, 11:26 PM