• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Waste my time pushing daisies

And the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love

Of course he never made it to the mountain. Eyas had guessed back then what was true now: Gale wouldn’t be the link that broke under the chain’s weight. He wouldn’t end the suffering. Wolfbane hadn’t, Longclaw hadn’t, and so on and so forth before that. It was the principle of the thing, or rather the lasting curse that made things like principle disappear. Promises, true loves, family and identity; all was lost.

Once upon a time she’d been afraid it would be her in her brother’s skin. It could’ve been any of them. It could’ve been the ones that came after, those half-siblings with their magics from another world beyond Beqanna. But it ended up being Gale.

Eyas knew months ago that she’d lost her darkness. That foul power she had, the one capable of letting her slip into other souls, disappeared. She felt a sharp pain; the sorcerer’s shadow plunged into her chest and fed itself through her veins, searching for something. Eyas writhed against the torture, knowing her situation was hopeless.

She could’ve avoided all of this by staying away and out of sight. The Curse had infected Gale, not her; she had Ehko and Brash to raise, Narcisus to deal with in the downtime. If she’d stayed hidden away in Icicle Isle, she thought Gale would’ve probably been right: She might’ve been saved the longest.

And yet, as his serrated teeth closed around her forelimb and tore away the flesh, Eyas felt nothing like regret. Pain? Yes. An immeasurable sum of it, radiating out in piercing waves to melt the eyes and liquify the bones. The worst part was that she knew Gale had only just started the feast. Outside of the pain there was the sound of her squealing; she thought she might’ve thrashed and kicked, but it was mostly the strain of muscles in her neck that told the buckskin pony she was still alive.

Her wings fluttered uselessly beside her, slapping the wet sand on the beach like a bird caught in a web too large to fly through.

“...power.” She sobbed, sucking in a breath of air before the next round of agony hit.

What she was trying to say was: I can increase your power. Not possess, not anymore, but amplify it beyond the normal limits. Turn the volume of its flow from a mid-to-high level range, just by being near the user. Ehko had benefited from the warp of her magic, growing and healing twice as fast - Brash could force his energy into even the most strong-willed of creatures when Eyas tutored him. So if it could do that for her children, what would that mean for Gale?

She slumped, burdened by the weight of her body going into shock. Dark stains of heavy sweating spread across her hips and under the curves of her wings, pooling like white foam under her belly. Eyas let go of her restraint and pressed Gale with her powers, wanting him to see a vision. “Look…” She begged him, finding it hard to stay focused.

Grey clouds roll over the hills, bringing darkness from above

@Gale
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    Waste my time pushing daisies - by Eyas - 09-12-2021, 01:28 PM
    RE: Waste my time pushing daisies - by Gale - 09-12-2021, 02:07 PM
    RE: Waste my time pushing daisies - by Eyas - 09-12-2021, 03:00 PM
    RE: Waste my time pushing daisies - by Gale - 09-12-2021, 09:08 PM
    RE: Waste my time pushing daisies - by Eyas - 09-20-2021, 02:14 PM
    RE: Waste my time pushing daisies - by Gale - 09-21-2021, 08:15 PM