• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  If you need a friend, don't look to a stranger
    Bardot
    I know what sin is

While she bathes in the soothing waters of the river, she has no idea of the bloodshed that is occurring back in her temporary home. As the water rushes around her hocks, she is blissfully ignorant to the way her mother had collided with evil incarnate or the anguish and unleashed anger of her half brother. No, instead she sighs quietly and enjoys the early morning peace until she spots him and allows herself to be swept in his direction, unaware that there is only carnage and destruction waiting for her on her return.

If she had known his thoughts, she would have laughed at him. Not unkindly, merely amused because it was kingdoms (she had found) that held the most broken of people. All that ambition came from somewhere, usually created or festered from old hurts and wounds and that need to prove whoever had hurt them completely wrong. She sees it in her brother, had recognized it in her mother, had seen it time and time agin when she had searched for a a place where she might land. While she loved wandering, she also loved belonging to something bigger than herself. Not because she held ambitions or even because she had been raised for such a position once. It was simply something she was good at, somewhere she seemed to fit even if she never rose higher in life than that of a simple noble amongst a pretty court or the attractive sister of a self-proclaimed Prince.

He meanders closer and the way his lips twitch make her own curve into a sensual one of her own. Flirtation came as natural as breathing at times and so she is unaware of what she puts off to him (mostly unintentional), simply glad for the company of a familiar face. “Why would I lie about that?” She asks honestly, golden eyes looking up to his lavender ones. Once again she can’t help but take note of his unusual coloring and the handsome lines of his face. Too handsome. That could only lead to dangerous things. As if she didn’t already have her hands full with all kinds of menacing things already.

“Would it be so terrible if I was? Being kind to you?” She tilts her head slightly, the smoky black of her horn cloudy in the dim light that had yet to break over the treeline. “Luckily for you the jungle seems to be off limits lately.” She says lightly, as if Tephra being taken over by a magical tyrant was no big deal. "Looks like you're off the hook."

They may call me a sinner, but I am at peace with myself;
    html © dante.

@Molech
    [Image: BQjeje-Bardot2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If you need a friend, don't look to a stranger - by Bardot - 10-02-2021, 01:22 PM