• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Hold Back the River; Kreios

Nymeria didn’t feel like herself anymore. She had been to space and back literally. She had birthed a colt, a son made from herself and Kreios. She had changed in both nature and appearance. Nymeria was exhausted, but she could not wait to return home and see her Kreios. Oh how she had missed him, and to think that she almost chose death over life.

Nymeria walked calmly as she crossed through the borders of Orange Country, and toddling beside her was a clumsy colt. Paxton did his best to match each of his mother’s giant steps, and every time he caught himself with her tail swinging over his angled face he laughed. The coarse hair rubbed against his nose bringing about giggles and a sneeze. Nymeria would smile back at him and stop for a brief moment to allow her son to catch up. She anxiously looked forward to the moment she would introduce Paxton to his father. She knew that the colt would grow to be strong, handsome, and kind as long as he had the guidance of Kreios.

The once plain mare looked surprisingly different. She no longer drifted into the background as easily. Instead of simply being a quiet immortal her touch with magic now clearly showed outwardly. Woven into her tail and mane were hundreds of orange blossoms. They eternally held their open beauty, never withering and falling from her. They were a reminder that she had chosen life over death. That she had chosen to return to Kreios rather than remain with Gail in the end of the world.

Nymeria and Paxton soon reached a familiar hill within Orange Country, and Nymeria stopped. Surely Kreios would spot them, and she eagerly anticipated his touch.

nymeria
    mare of orange country

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

Though I am far from experienced, I am quite sure that Nymeria has been gone a longer time than is usual when birthing a colt. She had disappeared without a trace one morning and I had assumed that she was seeking a secluded place to give birth to our child. Several hours of searching had revealed nothing though, and I was beginning to worry. What if something had happened? What if the birth had gone wrong the way it had with Isadore? What if Nymeria was lying on some beach with our child lifeless at her side?

The image drives me into a panic, and I have nearly worn a crevice into the limestone with my worry by the time the two of them appear.

I recognize Nymeria immediately and gallop toward her, slowing only when I realize that if I don’t I’ll surely knock her over with the impact of my greeting. Rather than wait politely for her to beckon me closer (which might have been the wiser choice given that she is a new mother with a fresh foal) I step as close to her as I can mane and wrap my pale neck over her black mane, pulling her body as tightly to my chest as I can manage. “I thought something terrible had happened,” I tell her, pulling away and now looking somewhat sheepish at my display of affection. “I thought maybe…”

My voice trails off as I finally see the colt at her side, a little brown copy of his mother with a sturdy build that he most certainly inherited from me. It is so strange to see parts of the two of us in one small body, and I glance wordlessly at Nymeria, wondering if she too feels this awe. “Hi there little guy,” I say, lowering my head and slowly extending my muzzle in greeting. “I’m Krieos. I’m your dad.”

I have loved you for a thousand years
    and I’ll love you for a thousand more

She felt overwhelmed by emotions. She was anxious to see him- she was nervous to see him. Much had happened since they had shared in conversation. She had been shamefully absent and for no other reason then to chase after some jaded lovers. The quest into space resulted in little joy. She simply returned with a hardier physique, an aching heart, and wisps of blossoms stroking her mane. No longer was she usual, but she wished she had remained so. Her heart ached for Kreios and when she saw him storming toward her the joy was reciprocated. Paxton simply stuck to his still stance and watched his parents as they fell into an embrace. Nymeria clung to Kreios and easily laid into his neck. She felt like the weight of the world had been lifted from her as she rested into him.

Much too soon Kreios pulled away and expressed his concern. Nymeria’s face softened and she nodded briefly. ”I know..I know…I shouldn’t have been gone for so long.” Her voice was a soft hush. It was then that she lowered her nose and gave Paxton a good shove in the rump. Paxton felt his mothers urge to approach the taller horse and he did so. His lanky legs edged his body forward and he smelled the stallion finding something oddly familiar about him. ”You’re my dad.” Paxton said with awe. ”You’re my dad!” He said with more enthusiasm. His striped nose arched upward and he smiled. ”Hello dad.”

Nymeria watched and smiled. ”I named him Paxton, I hope that is alright.” She paused. ”I’m so sorry, Kreios, I am so sorry for leaving, I shouldn’t have.” She lowered her gaze.

Nymeria

html c insane | pic c nadyabird.deviantart.com

OOC: Sorry I am terrible- But I love Nymeria and I promise to be better with posts!