• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we've been living on a fault line

Agetta doesn’t have much of an ego. As far as she’s concerned, after all, she’s not made much of an impression on anyone except a small handful of friends and a few daughters. She was an echo of a time long since past, and while that had haunted her for some time - she had no reason to believe she was memorable.

But this grey stranger had known her name. And so had Kensley. And Garbage had looked at her like…

There’s a theme here - that isn’t the monochromatic coats - but Agetta hasn’t quite picked up on it.

Her dark eyes widen a little in surprise and interest when he mentions he’s something of magician. She thinks about asking if he knows her daughter - and then realizes it’s not exactly a club so she keeps that brilliant question hidden in her mind.

If his smile lasts too long she doesn’t notice, because the soft voice he uses when he asks about what she’s looking for encourages her to be honest. What does she have to lose, after all. If he’s a magician maybe he can help. “Yes. There’s someone…” Agetta trails off, a smile of her own tugging at the corner of her mouth. It’s all a little ridiculous to say out loud, but she does anyway. So easily lulled by a kind smile from someone who considers her memorable. “The way he looks at me, the way I feel around him, sometimes I think we’ve met before. So I want to find out if that’s true.”

So Agetta tilts her head a little, feeling silly but also feeling a cautious flush of hope that this might be a problem they can solve right here and now.

AGETTA

@Carnage
    [Image: Agetta-by-Star-smaller.png]

Messages In This Thread
    we've been living on a fault line - by Agetta - 10-09-2021, 09:31 AM
    RE: we've been living on a fault line - by Agetta - 10-11-2021, 07:29 PM
    RE: we've been living on a fault line - by Agetta - 10-18-2021, 06:58 PM
    RE: we've been living on a fault line - by Agetta - 11-07-2021, 05:44 PM
    RE: we've been living on a fault line - by Agetta - 11-16-2021, 09:43 PM
    RE: we've been living on a fault line - by Ryatah - 11-19-2021, 04:01 PM