• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Part of the ocean; Oceane/any

oceane
    a little white light
    in a sea gone black

Fueled by a combination of duty to her kingdom and anxiety avoidance, the bygone Queen of Loess departs from the gilded forest of Sylva in the direction of their northern neighbor by employing the genie magic she has not often used since abdicating and relocating away from the foothills. Deep-seated melancholy rests in the center of her chest, a guest that hasn't left in weeks, though she does her best to shake away the cold tendrils of this depression as she suddenly apparates into existence just inside the border of Tephra.

The jungle clings to her, humid and pungent, as she unfurls her impressive double-wings for a brief stretch. Quietly, she sighs and begins to move forward through the verdant territory, the golden chains at her ankles tinkling melodically with each step. Oceane does her best to present herself the way she'd like to be perceived, using her magic to alter her appearance enough to remove the fatigue from beneath her eyes and the tautness from her lips.

The sound of unrelenting water draws her attention and the opalescent woman adjusts herself to move in the direction of the source. The waterfall she finds is beautiful, though it's the sight of a departing stallion that catches her attention. His brightly-colored frame moves away from the basin and through the trees, disappearing just as soon as she had spotted him. Oceane nickers loudly in his direction, pulling her wings closer to her frame as she squeezes between trees and through undergrowth to minimize the distance between herself and the stranger.

“Excuse me,” she calls out to him, her fluted ears pressed forward expectantly for his response. When she's caught his attention, Oceane pairs a kind smile with a polite nod, slipping into her role of diplomat easily. “I apologize for the intrusion. I couldn't stop myself from exploring, Tephra is far too beautiful to wait at the treeline.” She grins warmly at the man, pushing away her sadness as she trips over her words:

“I am Oceane, of Loess. Sorry ─ of Sylva.”

— @Ahti
    “”
    s | n

Messages In This Thread
    Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Ahti - 10-14-2021, 11:44 AM
    RE: Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Oceane - 10-14-2021, 03:24 PM
    RE: Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Ahti - 10-19-2021, 04:12 AM
    RE: Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Oceane - 10-20-2021, 11:01 AM
    RE: Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Ahti - 11-16-2021, 12:24 PM
    RE: Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Oceane - 11-28-2021, 11:47 AM
    RE: Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Ahti - 12-14-2021, 02:11 AM