• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Part of the ocean; Oceane/any
    Ahti walks without haste, as he does approximately 99% of his time. He is of the opinion that with careful footing, one can cover about as much distance as one who steps hurriedly, but trips every now or then, or who accidentally takes a circumferential path. Exploring is an unhurried business, or it should be, for he wouldn’t want to miss neither the obvious nor the hidden details, as they could all be equally important.

As such he is easy to overtake for anyone who wants to, like Oceane. Her nicker is initially loud enough to reach him, though he doesn’t immediately turn; he is just about admiring a colourful flower, so he turns only an ear in her direction. However, it doesn’t take him another heartbeat to divert his attention and listen to her speech about borders. He nods to her, seriously as always, before admitting: ”It is much the same for me. Apparently I can teleport through the waterfall, which is a new aspect of the water element to me.” He doesn’t add that he’d much rather trade it for the song of the blood of others - telling him who was ill or poisoned had always been a great asset to the herbal healer, but he knows that most do not take such commentary lightly. Fear is often hiding in the unknown.

”I’m Ahti. A pleasure to meet you, Oceane. Quite a beautiful name to call on, I must say.” He offers a genuine smile, even though he sees her wings are not the same as his oily fur and fins. He studies her face and expression, finding her an acceptable diplomat and wondering about the small stutter. ”Is your recent move not to your liking?” he wonders aloud. Not that he is all-knowing, far from it, but she did seem a little off-put by having to correct herself.

@Oceane

Messages In This Thread
    Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Ahti - 10-14-2021, 11:44 AM
    RE: Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Oceane - 10-14-2021, 03:24 PM
    RE: Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Ahti - 10-19-2021, 04:12 AM
    RE: Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Oceane - 10-20-2021, 11:01 AM
    RE: Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Ahti - 11-16-2021, 12:24 PM
    RE: Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Oceane - 11-28-2021, 11:47 AM
    RE: Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Ahti - 12-14-2021, 02:11 AM