• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  My Gentle Stupid Mind
    Bayun

The champagne stallion's thoughts had captured his attention and he didn't notice the ripples form on the water's surface as another being appeared. His eyes were focused on a spot of grass and when he finally lifted his head, snapping himself back into reality, he jumped back in surprise at the being that had so suddenly appeared. The surprise of a horse suddenly appearing already had his heart racing, but as the heavy fear settled over him his heart began pounding. He held himself still as the stallion before him spoke. His ears were flicking nervously, and his body was tense, ready to spring away and flee at the slightest gesture from the stranger. 

The lime green unicorn's stern voice somehow did not cause Bayun to fear more. The tone of voice held a familiarity he hadn't heard in a long time. It reminded him of his fathers strong disciplining voice. Perhaps it was the strangers voice, or perhaps the thoughts that had been running through his mind moments ago, but something kept Bayun in place. He didn't turn and flee. The fear that covered him like a heavy fog had not left. But without knowing why he stayed still. Taking a few sharp breaths of air to calm himself he responds to the stranger. "I know all too well how strong hate is." he says. His voice is respectful and quiet, but the hint of nervousness is not hidden. He pauses, taking several deep breaths. "Yes, you can." he says simply. He doesn't feel the need to elaborate. Merely talking with another horse has caused his heart to race. And he has no reason to share with a stranger. "When someone does something to be hated for, they will be hated." he says in a quiet voice just above a whisper. He hadn't meant to say it aloud. But his habit of speaking his thoughts was strong.

Bayun isn't one to quickly judge a person. If he can get past his fear of others first. He doesn't hate everyone. He fears everyone. He hates those few who hurt him, himself included. 

@Ahti

Messages In This Thread
    My Gentle Stupid Mind - by Bayun - 10-16-2021, 11:52 PM
    RE: My Gentle Stupid Mind - by Ahti - 10-19-2021, 08:15 AM
    RE: My Gentle Stupid Mind - by Bayun - 10-20-2021, 12:48 PM
    RE: My Gentle Stupid Mind - by Ahti - 11-16-2021, 12:04 PM