• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I just wanted to be found, ashhal

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

There is a cloud of darkness hanging over him lately. A savagery in his blood he cannot quite shake. The peace he had once almost dreamed he could taste is nothing more than a distant memory. One that taunts him on his darker days. Today is one of those days, and perhaps that’s why he had come here to the forest. Here, away from the pretense of a home he’d found. Here, away from the gut-churning reality of his pitiless existence.

It follows him of course, but still he tries.

He is not paying attention to the skies overhead. Once, pretentious fucker that he’d been, he never would have been caught so unaware. But then, once he’d actually given a shit about his life. Now though? Now it’s all he can do to trudge from one ceaseless day to the next and hope it’s not the day he finally loses the last of his sanity.

Or maybe that day has already passed. Who can fucking say anymore?
    He hears her when she lands however. He would’ve had to be deaf not to. His lips are already twisting into a scowl when he turns his head to find the intruder. When he sees her however, his expression blackens even further. The pristine white mare that greets him may be a stranger, but she bears features that are far too familiar for his comfort.

“Fucking hell,” he growls, the annoyance in his voice far surpassing what is warranted for the situation. He would like nothing more than to sink into the trees and pretend he hadn’t seen her, but it’s much too late for that. “There’s a fucking endless supply of you out there, isn’t there?”

Gods, he really, really hopes this one isn’t his too.

@Casimira

Messages In This Thread
    I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Casimira - 10-17-2021, 05:48 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 10-21-2021, 11:17 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 10-26-2021, 11:28 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 01-10-2022, 11:41 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 01-14-2022, 10:47 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 02-04-2022, 10:45 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 02-23-2022, 11:07 AM