• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  who caught and sang the sun in flight
    ------H E R R I N
    in short:--------------------------------------------------
    all good things are wild and free

Herrin has always been at the edge of society, his life unbothered by the happenings of distant lands. He likes the stories, especially the ones with fighting, but he has always lacked the dedication required of a soldier. He prefers the solitude of his woods and his creek, the laziness of each day and the way every hour is his own.

Every hour but this one, it seems, for the glowing girl still does not catch on and depart. His frown grows darker still at her succinct answer. She is here because no one comes here? That’s not really an answer and he’s about to tell her so when she continues.

What makes this his creek? Herrin glances back at the shallow water that winds through the red forest. Farther upstream, where it doubles back, is the copse where he usually rests, and downstream where it flow toward the Loessian lakes are where the best grazing is. It’s his because it is a good creek and there is no one else to claim it.

But why does she, Sylva’s princess, want to know? Is she going to try and take it away? Are her parents? Herrin’s suspicious nature has him looking back at Lillibet, who at closer inspection does not look especially threatening. He is no warrior, but Herrin is not defenseless, and feels mostly confident when he tells her:

“Because I decided it was mine. You can’t have it, even though you’re the Princess. It’s mine.”

@Lillibet

Messages In This Thread
    who caught and sang the sun in flight - by Herrin - 11-07-2021, 08:39 PM
    RE: who caught and sang the sun in flight - by Herrin - 11-29-2021, 10:50 AM