• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when we are apart i feel it too

Whatever Malik asked of her, Mazikeen would try to do. And though there are so many complications that could get in the way of her telling this story to Sickle, she agrees quickly - nodding her head. “I will.”

Her hope had returned, that ever-burning flame inside of her heart, but even it could not contend with the reality of the mess that was her relationship with Sickle. It has not gone out entirely - she simply just cannot see the path that might lead to a place where she can make amends.

The night air feels like it is pressing in on Mazikeen and she feels weary when Malik asks if they are safe. She is so tired of the presence of this threat in their lives.

“Not yet. I don’t think we really will be until he’s dead.” Mazikeen tries to say this as gently as she can, though it is difficult to manage. Does Malik care for Gale at all? Is the bond of a father and son strong enough to survive remembering his childhood?

Her gaze flicks away, troubled thoughts encouraging her to scan the surrounding area and she shares where her mind drifts as a few markings flicker to life on her back. “He… he visited me in a dream not long ago, and promised he’d come for Myrna.” She wasn’t going to keep secrets anymore. If Gale was going to make threats towards her daughter, she’ll tell everyone in Hyaline. When her orange eyes moves back to Malik, there’s more resolve in her expression and voice. “I’ll do everything in my power to keep you and your sisters safe.”

Even though a part of her would understand if Malik does not believe this promise. She would simply have to prove that it is true, prove to him that this was what was real - not the mother he had known.

And this time, she knows keeping them safe also involves not losing herself, not making the same mistakes if she can help it. She knows it means getting help even if it means that help may get hurt in the process.

She wants this fight to be over. It’s past time.

As her thoughts stray from Gale, the markings on her skin fade away once again and she offers Malik a small smile. “Is there anything else you’d like to know?” Mazikeen may not have much faith in her ability to actually provide satisfactory answers - but she’ll always try.

mazikeen

@Malik

Messages In This Thread
    when we are apart i feel it too - by Malik - 11-13-2021, 12:08 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Mazikeen - 11-13-2021, 07:42 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Malik - 11-21-2021, 10:32 AM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Mazikeen - 11-21-2021, 06:38 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Malik - 11-26-2021, 09:45 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Mazikeen - 11-27-2021, 08:33 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Malik - 12-04-2021, 10:49 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Mazikeen - 12-07-2021, 09:32 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Malik - 12-19-2021, 05:46 PM