• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i've been sinning lately.
    i'll burn your name into my throat, i'll be the fire that'll catch you.
    With a tuck of his wings, he is spiraling to the earth faster than he probably should. He extends his sapphire forelegs and steels himself for a harsh landing. His arrival sends snow flying while his boisterous laughter fills the air. Despite being fully grown for some time now, he’s still something of a child in his antics, it seems. Part of him had wondered if having children of his own would alter this piece of him, but it seems to have only solidified it.

His glowing eyes and orbiting fox fire cut through the dark of the night, illuminating his path as he makes his way through the tall grasses. Part of him isn’t entirely sure he’s ready to leave Nerine but there is a familiar ache of boredom seeping into his bones. He wants something new, something thrilling like the day Rosebay had nearly killed him. He wants something to take his breath away like the moment he first gazed into their twins’ eyes. A lofty goal, to be sure, but he thinks it could be achieved with some effort.

Crowns comes to a stop near the center of the field. Wafts of steam are snatched from his wings by the winter wind, but he is entirely unbothered by the season’s chill. His attention is focused instead on those gathered nearby. They chat quietly to match the hush of the witching hour and stifle their laughter at some shared joke. He blinks, turns his glimmering eyes elsewhere as he enjoys the ambiance for a while.
    this is v bad im so sorry. i'm getting warmed up!!
    [Image: B67136-EA-1021-40-A6-B0-FB-7257403-F0-FAE.png]
    Nerica
      Her blue eyes are locked on the descending shape in the sky. Nerica's eyes narrow in displeasure as the horse lands. His laugh only made her gaze darken. For no particular reason she already disliked the stallion. Perhaps it was jealousy that he could fly. Perhaps it was her hatred of laughter, it was something that came with happiness. Something she never had. She scowled, her teeth grinding in frustration. Her eyes darted to the other horses in the field. Even though they angered her, frustrated and drove her mad, she didn't want to be alone. So she straggled along keeping the other horses in sight. A miserable and helpless feeling washing over her.

She wished she could fly, then she would feel strong, then she would be free and wouldn't be afraid. At least that's what she thought. The thought of wings made her eyes turn to find the stallion who had flown down a short time ago. She silently watched him approach the other horses. The displeased look never leaving her face. 

His wings are beautiful. The thought popped into her mind without warning. But she didn't take it back. They were beautiful wings and she envied them. Her own were dark and limp. A mass of weak shadows, shadows that only served to remind her she couldn't fly. These cursed wings. Nerica took a few deep, frustrated breaths. She was much better at controlling her anger now. If she had been a few years younger, she would have broken down in frustration. Now she just retorted to staring daggers into the strangers beautiful wings.