• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you could be the one that I keep
    She relaxes a little further when Tarian speaks of a plan - even if it is one that involves them staying still, it feels good to at least have some sort of structure. She leans into his touch on her cheek, feeling the comfort radiate through her body. Of course their twins will come back here, thinking that they could head their way back to their cave in Loess once the day was over. She would prefer to have them here for her own peace of mind but she couldn’t begrudge them a day spent carefree in the woods or the meadow and river beyond.

And then there’s the question of what next for their little family?

Though she had once resisted all attempts to grow roots, she now felt differently. She’d changed enough to feel no relief at the possibility of returning to her constantly wandering ways. Having a home meant having somewhere Areane and Starros could come back to after they were finished exploring, it gave them all a guiding star if they were out in the world. For Altissima, that was the stallion standing next to her - it was him that her heart was pulled towards. And she had come to like having somewhere she would be sure to see him.

“I don’t think so. Pangea… it doesn’t hold the same darkness for me as it once did but it’s not a very pretty place.” All canyons and stones and hard trees. Spending time with Litotes again had soothed over those old wounds but she still didn't think that was somewhere she'd like to live.

“Maybe somewhere tropical.” Her eyes deepen to a darker shade of blue as a smile forms and she twists enough to tug on Tarian’s grey mane as she adds. “No snow.”
    altissima

@Tarian
    [Image: willowsticker_by_space1993_ddeo27s_small.png]

Messages In This Thread
    you could be the one that I keep - by Altissima - 11-30-2021, 07:51 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Tarian - 11-30-2021, 09:03 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Tarian - 12-07-2021, 07:59 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Altissima - 12-19-2021, 07:15 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Tarian - 01-17-2022, 07:20 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Tarian - 03-04-2022, 04:37 PM