• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    too late to leave these walls
    “She should be.” I answer, thinking of the red general as my oldest head turns to look out over the vast spread of glowing coral below us. It is always light here in this part of Baltia, lit by the sun or the bioluminescent glow, and as Rezza and I swim higher into the water I feel the light falling away below us.

When we breach the surface, it is to a clear and cloudless sky, stars stark against the sky.

The air tastes warm and heavy, and it takes a moment for my eyes to adjust, silver pupils widening until I can see with near perfect vision. I can see the land to the north of us, stretching out to the east, nothing more than a distant darker-than-dark line on the far horizon.

There had not been land there before. I’m sure of it, and yet my younger head still turns toward Rezza, the thick tentacles along my neck flicking uncomfortably at being exposed to the air. I’d prefer to be beneath the water, but this is more important.

“I need to know what that land is.” I say aloud. “And why it’s replaced the kelp forests.”

Perhaps it has newly risen from the sea, a volcanic eruption or some other such phenomena? From this distance, even my several sharp Baltian eyes cannot make out the details of the place. They’d need to send the quickest scouts, but I consider no more details beyond that. Such worries belong to others, like the General they’d spoken of and Rezza herself.

@Rezza

Messages In This Thread
    too late to leave these walls - by Tsilutsuli - 12-04-2021, 02:01 PM
    RE: too late to leave these walls - by Rezza - 12-04-2021, 10:50 PM
    RE: too late to leave these walls - by Tsilutsuli - 12-05-2021, 07:34 PM
    RE: too late to leave these walls - by Rezza - 12-06-2021, 12:46 PM
    RE: too late to leave these walls - by Tsilutsuli - 12-11-2021, 08:49 PM
    RE: too late to leave these walls - by Rezza - 12-19-2021, 11:29 AM