• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I saw the end in the mist of the river

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

Humor shades the blue depths of his gaze, a smile stretching his lips at Nashua’s quick rejoinder. It seems grim worry had not stolen all of his brother’s good humor after all. He says nothing in return however, instead allowing a raised brow and easy grin to be his response. As much as they might like to fall into banter and forget their true reasons for being here, Reave is as incapable as Nashua of doing so.

Unlike his brother though, Reave is far less worried over Cheri’s fate. She has more talent even than she once knew, and her future had not ended in a saltwater grave. He has little doubt that they’ll find one another again someday.

Of the remaining Loessian’s, he can’t say he is particularly worried about any of their fates (with perhaps one exception, though given her penchant for swimming with sharks, he would be very surprised if she hadn’t survived). If Rune were paying attention, he would have scolded him for the lack of moral fortitude in his thoughts. Fortunately for Reave however, the large bird is currently distracted.

Perhaps Nash does have a right to be worried about Reave’s motives, though not for the reasons he is.

As his brother’s expression fades into sobriety, Reave tilts his head, considering the pegasus openly. Nashua’s words elicit little more than a twitch of his lips in response. His remaining council he keeps to himself until his elder sibling has made his request. It’s easy enough to read the warning in Nash’s tone, though it is hardly one Reave needs.

Truthfully, Reave does not have strong feelings towards their cursed relation one way or the other (another moral failing, no doubt). Still, he is not blind. Reave might be a lover of chaos, but he also enjoys his life. Death walks in Gale’s wake, and Reave is not eager to find out if the curse would bring his with it. The future is so heavily predicated on choice that despite how much he might wish to see that particular thread, he cannot. He cannot simply because it is a choice he will never make.

“Easily done,” he replies after a moment of thoughtful silence, lips slipping briefly into a grimace before resuming a familiar, faintly amused half-smile. He doubts Nashua would appreciate his reasons for agreeing, but the end result is the same. “I have no more desire to invite him here than you.”

He pauses a moment, gaze darkening as it fixes carefully on his brother’s familiar features. “Will you keep the Isle, or pass it on to another?”

reave

@Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    I saw the end in the mist of the river - by Reave - 12-13-2021, 10:40 AM
    RE: I saw the end in the mist of the river - by Reave - 01-20-2022, 09:53 AM