• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I saw the end in the mist of the river

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

In some silences, there is peace. In others however, it is merely the breath before the storm. This is the latter. Tragedy has already struck, but it is not the kind that brings peace in its wake. Strife would undoubtedly rise once the breath has been released, and Reave would be ready for it. He has little other choice.

And perhaps he even looks forward to it.

Nashua on the other hand, would not. That is, in a way, their greatest difference. In times of peace, his brother would be the ideal leader for the Northern kingdom. In times of lawlessness however? Reave is undeniably better equipped to handle it.

Despite his insistence on beating a dead horse, Reave knows Nashua is aware of that fact. Lips quirking in a wry smirk, the armored stallion eyes his brother with exasperated amusement. “Your confidence in my ability to understand is inspiring,” he comments dryly, blue eyes gleaming. “But you can rest assured I have no desire to have my heart eaten, here or anywhere else.”

Shifting restlessly, Reave watches his brother closely as the conversation continues. He nods in return at Nash’s assertion he would remain on the Isle for a time, lips twitching at his teasing prod. There is a moment of silence then before the pegasus continues, gaze shifting out to sea as a strange sort of wistfulness settles over his features. Reave’s gaze doesn’t leave his brother, curious instead at what he sees there.

His question isn’t unexpected, given his line of thought. It is a difficult one to answer, however. The silence stretches for several long heartbeats as Reave’s gaze flicks over Nashua’s familiar features. When he finally does reply, his answer is blunt. “No.” He pauses, then adds, “I can only see the results of your decisions.” His lips quirk slightly upwards. “And those are muddled.” With a laugh - a light, quick burst of humor despite the heaviness of the topic - he clarifies, “Make up your mind first, and perhaps I could tell you more.”

reave

@Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    I saw the end in the mist of the river - by Reave - 12-13-2021, 10:40 AM
    RE: I saw the end in the mist of the river - by Reave - 01-24-2022, 10:20 AM