• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I saw the end in the mist of the river

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

The memories are there, a kaleidoscope across features devoid of emotion. Reave can see them even when Nashua tries to keep the pain and bitterness from rising up. The times when family had truly been family and dreams of an empire were founded in shining, rose-colored vision. If Reave were a better kind of man, he might regret what had never come to pass. But even then, back when things had seemed almost hopeful, Reave had known the truth.

Nothing is ever truly what it seems, and it’s so much easier to handle the disappointments in life when you recognize that. Blood is not infallible. Not even close.

“There is always darkness, just as there is always light,” Reave replies in an almost gentle manner. “If you only look for one, you’ll miss the other.”

He falls silent, then his lips quirk slightly upwards. That had sounded far wiser than he actually is, so he hopes his brother will not put too much stock in it. For Nashua however, he felt like the reminder might be warranted. “I know you probably don’t want to hear this, but you have a terrible habit of looking at things in black and white.” His grin widening, Reave tips his head as he watches the morose pegasus. “You should consider looking for the grey instead.”

With a chuckle, Reave shakes his head and shuffles backwards. “And that is all I can really tell you about your future right now.”

Lifting his gaze, he looks back at his brother, something almost wistful on his masked features. Reave has never been as attached to those familial bonds as his elder sibling, but even in spite of his separated morals and Nashua’s long-time insistence on treating him like a child, he finds himself attached to this particular familial bond. “I will be,” he agrees in response to Nashua’s plea. Until a faint, wicked grin spreads across his lips. “As long as you are too.”

reave

@Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    I saw the end in the mist of the river - by Reave - 12-13-2021, 10:40 AM
    RE: I saw the end in the mist of the river - by Reave - 02-03-2022, 09:42 AM