• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  You are not one wave; any!

"All of us waves are going to be nothing! Isn’t it terrible?"

She doesn’t run her mouth, which in Ahti’s mind only earns respect. Too many times has he spoken to the younger ones, and listen to them ramble on and on; even the few that didn’t, seemed to get uneasy with too long a silence, a feeling instilled by the aforementioned youngsters-in-a-rush. As if belonging could only be achieved through words, and many at that.

No, the elder male knows better. He knows to look past the words and into said words’ meaning; there is a fine art to choosing just the amount that is necessary. The female might not think herself a good diplomat, but there is a wisdom to her demeanour that comes from living long enough, to not be in a rush.

”I’ve arrived a few seasons before you lot,” he agrees to her unasked question swiftly. ”Beqanna is not the first realm I’ve found myself in quite on accident, and I suspect it might not be the last. When magic is abundant, places, when shifting, become only just that.” He shakes his head lightly when he thinks of the Stockholm Zoo and of Atollon. Kalaallit seems to be fading from his mind already, as does, to his shame, Vellamo’s face. It’s Enfys who comes to mind instead. But even her, he hasn’t seen for so long.

Her statement of the sea moving has him puzzled a bit, too. He nods in contemplation, about to say he must conclude some form of magic was involved - worth investigating later, perhaps - when she moves on to state she is not used to land-dwellers on the sea floor. Her tone demands an answer, which in this context amuses him a little. However, he has nothing to hide. ”There’s plenty of magic in Beqanna. There are those with elemental attributes, like me,” for the sake of it, the water elemental pushes some of the water next to her back and forth, reversing the natural current. All it does is perhaps tangle up her mane, if even that, but she should feel the change. ”But there is more. Horns and wings, scales and feathers, gills. Magicians, genies, shifters. You’ll find the land is as rich as the ocean in this regard.” It’s only fair to warn her, right? ”I suppose I won’t be the last to investigate.”

--ahti

"You are not one wave, you are part of the ocean."

Photo by Rayofliight. Coding by Kyra

@Rezza late but here’s stuff

Messages In This Thread
    You are not one wave; any! - by Ahti - 12-16-2021, 04:27 AM
    RE: You are not one wave; any! - by Rezza - 12-19-2021, 04:37 PM
    RE: You are not one wave; any - by Ahti - 12-28-2021, 06:59 AM
    RE: You are not one wave; any! - by Rezza - 01-03-2022, 01:11 PM
    RE: You are not one wave; any! - by Ahti - 01-19-2022, 12:54 PM
    RE: You are not one wave; any! - by Rezza - 01-20-2022, 10:55 AM